Thoughts Every College Girl Has During Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Do you ever find yourself giving your full, focused attention in lecture? Me neither. Here are some thoughts you’ve probably had while sitting in class. 

1. Okay, I need to actually pay attention to this lecture today. 

2. Of course on the day I wear sweatpants and no makeup, the one hot guy in this class sits next to me. Of. Course. 

3. I really should start dressing nicer for class. 

4. I have an insane amount of cute clothes in my closet, but I’d rather wear leggings and an oversized sweatshirt everyday. 

5. Or maybe it’s just because I can’t find any of the cute clothes in my disaster of a room. 

6. Right, focusing. I’m going to take the neatest notes ever, and then go back later and highlight all of the important stuff. 

7. Ugh, this professor is going SO fast, how does he expect us to write all of this down? 

8. Did I lock the door to my apartment? I’ll text my roomie just to make sure… 

9. Ugh, the professor totally saw me. If he calls me out, I’ll tell him it was my mom.  

10. I really should call her, but if I do, she’ll ask a million questions, and remind me to get my flu shot, and a bunch of other adult stuff I don’t want to deal with. 

11. College is just, like, fake adulthood. 

12. How is this Asian history class even relevant to my advertising major?  

13. Do I even want to go into advertising?  

14. What if I graduate and realize I hate advertising and instead want to be a veterinarian so I can be around dogs all day? 

15. I really need a dog in my life. 

16. Or really just an animal in general to snuggle and listen to my woes. 

17. Wait, what is the professor talking about now?  

18. Ugh, I’m so hungry. I’m going to eat my Luna bar. 

19. Omg, it’s so quiet and this wrapper is SO loud. 

20. Can everyone hear me chewing?  

21. I hate eating in class, but I love to eat: the constant dilemma. 

22. I am so, so, so tired. 

23. Maybe it’s because I’m not sleeping enough 

24. I definitely have bags under my eyes. Now people are going to ask me all day if I’m sick or sad or grumpy and I have to explain that it’s just my face. 

25. What do I want for lunch? Maybe some pizza? 

26. I should totally get sushi for dinner. I haven’t had it in, like, three days. 

27. My day literally revolves around what I’m going to eat and when I’m going to eat next. 

28. I just missed a solid 20 minutes of this lecture because of food thoughts. 

29. Maybe I should ask the hot guy if I can see his notes… 

30. Wait, no. I look like crap today. Seriously, why can’t I just get up 10 minutes earlier to put on a little foundation and mascara? 

31. Ew, my nails are gross, too. I need to get them done. 

32. I really should be saving money, but a gel mani is so worth it. 

33. I’m still so hungry. How are Luna bars considered a substitute for a meal?   

34. We have a test in a week?? Since when? 

35. I really need to get my life together.  

36. Why did I even buy this super cute planner if I’m not going to use it to plan anything? 

37. Yes! Class is over. Time to go eat. 

Olivia Shur is a student at Boston University. She enjoys food, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and watching cat videos when she really should be studying. She is a PR major in the College of Communication.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.