This At-Home Latte Tool Will Turn You Into a Barista

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I love coffee as much as the next sleep-deprived college student. I will drink coffee in any form — latte, flat white, mocha, cappuccino — very happily 365 days a year. But, with that being said, obviously, it gets very costly paying for each of these drinks. Starbucks can be as expensive as $6 for my usual drink, and Dunkin’ is less expensive but costly to buy daily or weekly. And I know as well as anyone that at-home coffee is just not as good. No matter how hard I try, I am not as good at making coffee as the baristas. However, I recently bought the Bodum milk frother from Target, and I have been so happy with the results!

The milk frother itself is a handheld device that resembles a baking mixer but on a smaller scale. How it works is you heat up your milk (I use almond milk) and then place the frother into the milk to make foam to add to your morning coffee! Adding the foamy milk to your at-home coffee takes it from being just a normal cup of joe to a nice at-home latte that makes it feel a little more expensive without the actual price increase. Additionally, the tool itself is under $10, so there is no breaking the bank to make the coffee or enjoy it.

I have been enjoying my at-home coffee so much more since I got this tool, and it has definitely decreased my craving to go to Starbucks for a perfect pick-me-up. And even if you don’t like coffee, I have also used the milk frother to make tea lattes, and they are just as yummy!

No matter how you take your morning and afternoon drinks, the Bodum milk frother is the perfect addition to your cafe tools to make your at-home coffee a latte better than it was before (see what I did there?). Enjoy!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Boston University 2025 International Relations Student Lover of dogs, coffee, and movies :)