Style > Fashion

The Captivating Jewels Of The Super Bowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The Super Bowl is the annual pinnacle of football events, and on February 11th, the celebrities in attendance certainly dressed for the occasion. From diamond-studded bracelets to statement necklaces, these accessories were as attention-grabbing as Usher’s iconic halftime show and the unforgettable plays of the Chiefs and the 49ers. Here are the highlights of the standout jewels at this year’s event.

Blake Lively’s Tiffany & Co. White Gold Bangles

Blake Lively displayed the most expensive set of accessories in her suite, with her jewelry totaling $500,000. Though she was wearing an armful of bracelets, my favorite pieces by far were the two Tiffany Lock bangles in 18k white gold. One bangle was fully encrusted with a total of 5.26-carat pavé diamonds, which are diamonds that are set close together to resemble a road or path. The bling on that bangle was balanced by the other with a similar design where the same diamonds only covered the thin part of the bracelet. These sparkly bracelets are designed to mimic the look and function of a padlock, locking into place on your arm, adding an elegant shimmer to Lively’s ensemble. 

Taylor Swift’s Retrouvaí Magna Ring and Varsity Pendant by Stephanie Gottlieb

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s relationship is constantly making headlines, so of course, Swift was seen cheering on her new boyfriend at his game. Her support even showed through her outfit, as the color palette of her accessories was coordinated with the Chief’s team colors of red, white, and gold. However, one ruby red piece stood out to me in particular. On her middle finger, she was seen sporting a Magna Ring with brilliant red rubies, which complemented her red jacket perfectly. This 14k yellow gold ring has interlocking rails lined with 1.25-carat princess cut rubies along with two small knobs of white, round diamonds and was handcrafted by a Los Angeles-based company called Retrouvaí.

The sparkling 87 around Swift’s neck was next to grab my attention and was also very on-theme, with 87 being Kelce’s jersey number. The Large Varsity Pendant made by Stephanie Gottlieb is part of Gottlieb’s new Varsity line, where customers can customize the necklace with their chosen letters or numbers. The middle of Swift’s necklace is encrusted by two rows of small diamonds and is made of 14k yellow gold, although the pendant is also available in white gold. Not only is the number 87 bejeweled, but the bale is also covered in diamonds, giving it that extra sparkle.

Usher’s D&G Phoenix Brooch

The Super Bowl’s half-time performer, Usher, followed close behind Lively in expensive jewels as his ensemble reportedly totaled $400k with only three accessories: a Dolce & Gabbana phoenix brooch, a “U” pendant, and a Jacqui Aiche ring. Of his three looks on stage, the white suit had to be my favorite because of the large, glimmering bird on his chest. This brooch tied the otherwise plain, white outfit into the sparkly, crystal theme of his other looks that night, elevating the simplicity of his outfit.

Brittany Mahomes’s Van Cleef & Arpels Vintage Alhambra Pendant

Brittany Mahomes is another celebrity who added a sparkly piece to complete her otherwise simple outfit. The former soccer player was seen supporting her husband in a red corseted outfit customized with Patrick Mahomes’s jersey number on her leg. Though she wore several necklaces, her small, white gold pendant featuring the signature Van Cleef & Arpels clover design was my favorite due to its timeless elegance. The clover pendant is adorned with 12 round 0.46-carat diamonds, adding the perfect touch to the otherwise simple necklace.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

Deanna Soukhaseum is a weekly writer for the Her Campus at BU chapter and a sophomore studying Business Administration at Boston University. She enjoys writing about a range of topics, including fashion, entertainment, etc. Outside of Her Campus, Deanna is also a features writer for the Daily Free Press and a writer for the wellness section at the BU Buzz. Additionally, she is part of the Finance and Investment Club where she is a junior analyst. In her free time, Deanna enjoys reading and exploring the city of Boston. She is passionate about music and loves to watch movies of any kind, ranging from horror to rom-coms.