This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Still sad that summer is over? Wipe away your tears because a new season is a perfect excuse to create the autumnal playlist of your dreams. These albums are the perfect addition to your Spotify catalog and are sure to set the mood for your pumpkin-spice-latte drinking and back-to-school studying.

Folklore (2020)

Taylor Swift’s latest album of the year is a lyrical masterpiece, and there’s too much moody acoustic guitar for it not to be the ultimate fall album. The album’s woodland imagery also contributes to an overall autumn feel. Plus, it literally mentions “August slipping away into a moment in time.” Talk about well-timed.

Currents (2015)

This could be my favorite study album of all time. Tame Impala’s echoey vocals combined with alternative guitar and percussion are great for an eccentric, uptempo feel. Hits like “The Less I Know The Better” and “New Person, Same Old Mistakes” are great for a vibe-y late night, drafting an essay, or finishing up some math homework (not that I would know from personal experience or anything).

Cleopatra (2016)

Again, the Lumineers’ folksy rock album is perfect for setting a fall mood. Honestly, you really can’t go wrong with any Lumineers’ album when it comes to this season. But in particular, Cleopatra is a coffee shop staple and an excellent, upbeat way to start your day.

Punisher (2019)

Do you feel like being the main character? This is the album for it. Phoebe Bridger’s voice is melancholic, the lyrics are meaningful, and the production makes the songs feel cohesive and well put together. There’s even a song called “Halloween”!

Immunity (2019)

Clairo’s debut album is an ideal mix of indie rock and slower alternative music. No matter how you’re feeling, these songs will be amazing to accompany your studying or just hanging out. I love this album for a sunny fall day walking around campus or going to the library with my friends.

Canva

Happy playlist-making!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Jessie is a freshman at Boston University and is studying journalism.