The 2021 Starbucks Holiday Drinks, Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

On Thursday, November 4th, Starbucks released its much-awaited lineup of 2021 Holiday Drinks to the general public. The menu includes five returning drinks — Peppermint Mocha, Toasted White Chocolate Mocha, Caramel Brulée Latte, Chestnut Praline Latte, and Irish Cream Cold Brew — as well as the brand new Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte. Being both holiday and caffeine-obsessed, I was determined and excited to give all six a try over the past week. Read on for my ranking of the 2021 Starbucks Holiday Drinks, from best to worst!

Chestnut Praline Latte

This is one of my all-time favorite Starbucks drinks. The spices and nutty flavor pair perfectly with the espresso, and unlike many of the other holiday drinks, I don’t find this one to be too sweet. This drink is the epitome of warm and cozy vibes. It makes me want to curl up in front of the fireplace with a good book.

Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte

As a huge fan of almond milk, I had high hopes for Starbucks’ newest and first non-dairy holiday drink, and I was not disappointed. The sugar cookie flavor was spot on and not too overpowering, and the red and green sprinkles on top were a nice touch. I hope this drink sticks around for many years to come!

Caramel Brulée Latte

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the drink itself. The caramel brulée sauce is rich and delicious, and I love the caramel brulée topping. For me, though, this drink is no different than the caramel latte I can get from Starbucks all year round, so it doesn’t really strike me as a “holiday” drink. 

Peppermint Mocha

When you think of Starbucks Holiday Drinks, this is probably the first one that comes to mind. Introduced in stores in 2002, Starbucks reports that the Peppermint Mocha is its most popular holiday drink to date, and for a good reason: the combination of refreshing peppermint, sweet mocha syrup, and espresso practically screams “holiday spirit.” I personally find this drink to be way too sweet; however, it’s perfect with half the normal pumps of mocha and peppermint syrups.

Toasted White Chocolate Mocha

The White Chocolate flavor was warm and inviting, yet I found it a bit difficult to taste the espresso in this drink. And like the Caramel Brulée Latte, I couldn’t really distinguish this drink from Starbucks’ typical White Chocolate Mocha. 

Irish Cream Cold Brew

While I wouldn’t normally opt for a cold drink during November, I was excited to try this one out. Some of my go-to Starbucks orders include the Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew and the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, but I wasn’t thrilled with this drink. Despite a good impression upon the first sip, I was left with a bitter aftertaste. 

Overall, I was pretty pleased with the 2021 Starbucks Holiday Drink Lineup, especially with the newcomer, Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte! While I wish the holiday drinks were available all year round, they aren’t, so I encourage everyone to head over to Starbucks to taste all six for themselves before they disappear from the menu. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Maddie is a freshman at BU studying Business Administration and is so excited to be writing for Her Campus this year! Outside of school, Maddie competes as a member of Team USA for Synchronized Ice Skating.