This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I don’t generally need a reason to listen to Taylor Swift’s music, but in case you’re not sure which song or album to listen to on any particular day, here’s a list of Taylor Swift songs to listen to based on your mood!

When You’re Really Happy: “London Boy”

This song is about Taylor’s relationship with her current boyfriend, and you can’t help but hear the happiness in her voice as she sings. It’s contagious!

Notable lyrics: “He likes my American smile / Like a child when our eyes meet, darling, I fancy you.”

When You Just Started a New Relationship: “Our Song”

“Our Song” is about discovering what makes a relationship unique—and laughing about it with your partner along the way.

Notable lyrics: “Our song is a slamming screen door, / Sneaking out late tapping on your window.”

When You’re Madly in Love: “You Are in Love”

The title of this one says it all. This super slow song will never fail to put you in a loving mood.

Notable lyrics: “You keep his shirt / He keeps his word / And for once you let go / Of your fears and your ghosts.”

When You Just Went Through a Breakup, and You’re Sad: “All Too Well”

Possibly Taylor’s most famous breakup song, it’s the perfect one to listen to when you’re trying to move on from a heartbreak.

Notable lyrics: “Hey, you call me up again just to break me like a promise / So casually cruel in the name of being honest.”

When You Just Went Through a Breakup, and You’re Mad: “Picture to Burn”

The best time to listen to this song? When you’re really pissed off at your ex.

Notable lyrics: “So watch me strike a match / On all my wasted time / As far as I’m concerned you’re / Just another picture to burn.”

When You Almost Went Through a Breakup, but Decided to Stay Together: “Stay Stay Stay”

One of my personal favorite Taylor Swift songs, this one is perfect for when you realize the person you’re dating could be the person you want to be with forever.

Notable lyrics: “But you carry my groceries and now I’m always laughing / And I love you, because you have given me no choice but to / Stay, stay, stay.”

When You’re Crushing on Someone New: “Enchanted”

“Enchanted” is about falling in love with someone new, and it’s perfect for when you think you’ve found your potential next love.

Notable lyrics: “Walls of insincerity / Shifting eyes and vacancy vanished when I saw your face / All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you.”

When You’re Madly in Love, and You Have Been for a While: “Lover”

Taylor Swift herself considers this to be her favorite Taylor Swift song, and it’s easy to see why—it’s about being completely in love with who you’re dating and wanting to be with them forever.

Notable lyrics: “My heart’s been borrowed and yours has been blue / All’s well that ends well to end up with you.”

When You Ended a Friendship, but You’re Better Off Without Them: “This is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things”

This song is, in one word, powerful. Rumored to be written about Taylor’s ongoing conflict with Kanye, under the surface it’s about appreciating the people in your life who stood by you when the world turned against you.

Notable lyrics: “It was so nice being friends again / There I was giving you a second chance / But you stabbed my back while shaking my hand.”

When You Just Really Love Your Friends: “22”

I personally love this song, because it came out just before the year I went to summer camp in bunk 22. It never fails to remind me of the camp friends I love.

Notable lyrics: “We’re happy, free, confused and lonely in the best way / It’s miserable and magical, oh yeah / Tonight’s the night, when we forget about the heartbreaks.”

When You’re Feeling Nostalgic: “Fifteen”

This song is about starting high school, and it’s perfect to listen to anytime you’re starting a new chapter in your life or reminiscing about the past.

Notable lyrics: “When all you wanted / Was to be wanted / Wish you could go back / And tell yourself what you know now.”

When You Wanna Bop: “Shake it Off”

Just try to argue that this song isn’t a bop. You can’t. It’s about living your best life despite what anyone says about you, and it’s guaranteed to put you in a good mood.

Notable lyrics: “I’m dancing on my own / I make the moves up as I go / And that’s what they don’t know.”

When You Wish You Were at a Taylor Swift Concert: “Long Live”

Written by Taylor specifically for her fans, this song is about Taylor’s appreciation for those who love her music; it’s a reflection on how her fans have gone on this journey with her.

Notable lyrics: “Long live the walls we crashed through / All the kingdom lights shined just for me and you / I was screaming, long live all the magic we made / And bring on all the pretenders / One day, we will be remembered.”

Feeling a lot of things at once and overwhelmed with emotions? Just listen to Taylor’s entire collection of music on repeat—you can’t go wrong.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Gabrielle is a senior studying English at Boston University. When she's not writing for Her Campus, you can find her listening to Taylor Swift, reading a romance novel, or exploring new places in Boston. You can follow her on insta @gabriellepeck15.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.