Talk Coffee to Me—8 Niche Coffee Shops in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Do you ever have the urge to snuggle up on your couch and treat yourself to a cup of much-needed scrumptious coffee? If you’re based in New York or planning a trip to New York, I’ve got you covered for the best coffee shops! Take note and mark them in your Google Maps.

REMI Flower & Coffee

906 2nd Ave

What a find! REMI’s adorable and unique concept of bringing flowers, plants, and coffee all together attracts New Yorkers who want to enjoy an afternoon cup of coffee away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Surrounded by flowery scents, you can take some time to unplug and unwind.

Cafe Grumpy

Multiple locations

How can anyone stay cool and collected while juggling a full plate of work, family, and friends in a metropolis? If you ever feel on edge, cranky, or sour, swing by Cafe Grumpy with your bestie and grab some lattes! There will be no grumpiness from servers, and feel free to rant about your annoying boss to your friends!

Coffee ’n Clothes

11 Bond St

Another Instagram heaven! Coffee ‘n Clothes goes above and beyond traditional latte art. Pick one of your favorite designers and the barista will use powder to create the logo on your latte. Prepare for your best Instagram photo, trendsetters!

PlantShed

Multiple locations

PlantShed is a plant store with a coffee shop inside. You will feel like you are in a botanical garden while browsing all the lovely flower selections. On weekdays, you can sit at a table, order a cup of espresso made of Toby’s Estate Coffee, and soak up the sun.

Outro

816 Broadway

A cozy, casual, and affordable place for breakfast and coffee. In the morning, during the summer, it’s such a treat to enjoy the summer breeze as you sip a cup of coffee. Outro doesn’t have high-speed wifi, which gives you the perfect chance to catch up with your friends without the disturbance of social media.

Devocion

Multiple locations

You will definitely be attracted by Devocion’s strong coffee aroma and open and bright space. Combined with a baking workshop, it adds to your experience of getting your work done in an industrial yet relaxed environment.

Stumptown Coffee Roasters

30 W 8th St.

Some days, it seems like you need to give yourself 100 reasons why you rely on caffeine to start your day. If that’s the case, you should try Stumptown’s different of latte flavors, topped with delicate art. Their latte hits the spot every time!

Underline Coffee

511 W 20th

Looking for a quiet place to have some quality time for just yourself? Underline Coffee should be your go-to place near the Highline. It’s a hidden gem that you wouldn’t stumble on during a regular day, but its handmade coffee is so heavenly-flavored that you want to savor every sip.

Good coffee can tickle your tastebuds for the day and wake your body up. Good morning sunshine, let’s head for some nice coffee to kick start the day!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Zhilan is a current sophomore at Boston University. Being an extroverted introvert, she loves to cook healthy food, explore aesthetic coffee shops, and read mysteries.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.