This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Being on a college budget, summer plans sometimes can’t be as extravagant as spa retreats at the Four Seasons Hotel or laying under the northern lights with a lover. So, I’ve come up with a list of sun-friendly activities that you and your friends can’t miss! Make this summer an unforgettable one and here’s how:

Throw a barbecue!

No need for champagne and white tablecloths, just great company and some juicy, sizzling meat. What more could you ask for?

Don’t forget to sweat!

Summer means less clothing and less clothing means your sexy legs will be showing. So don’t forget to fit in working out. It can get hard when you don’t have a routine, so remind yourself and try to fit it in at least three times a week! Summer bods here we go!

Invent some fruity drinks!

What is summer without a fruity drink with a decorative umbrella on top? Nothing. So pull out fruits, dairy, and maybe some flax and chia seeds (full of omega-3!) to make the most refreshing and tasty snack!

Take a nap in a hammock!

The sun is exhausting, but lucky for you, you can buy a hammock off of Amazon for $14.94 so what are you waiting for? Find two trees in your backyard or nearby park and relax!

Read a book!

Ah, finally, a time in which you are not bombarded with textbook readings and ten page papers. Take the time to read what you’re interested in, because that time won’t last forever.

Go to a concert!

Search for and buy a ticket for a concert this summer – or buy five tickets! You’ve got free time, so why not splurge on some extra fun!

Work a summer job!

Be a camp counselor or work at a cafe; there are so many ways in which you can start saving up money! Plus you’re gonna need it in the school year for cute school clothing and late night munchies, so get rid of that extra stress now! Other ways rid of future stress include: building a personal website, taking online summer courses, and cleaning up your e-life.

Pamper yourself

Pampering yourself is not selfish… It is every much needed, especially after all the work you did in the school year. Also, some spas take student student discounts, so keep a look out for those magical places.

Most importantly, travel!

An anonymous person once said, “We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us.” There are many websites like secretflying.com and kayak.com that help you save up to 80% on flights all around the world!

Summer will creep up faster than we know it, so start planning and fill your schedule with fun activities!

ielwaw@bu.edu
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.