Wellness > Health

Suhk Mathon — A Conversation with a BU Men’s Basketball Player

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Suhk Matton is a junior here at BU from Shavertown, Pennsylvania. When he’s not on the court, he’s doing rigorous coursework for his major in economics.

Photo credit: goterriers.com

Q: Why did you choose to commit to Boston University? 

A: I chose Boston University because I believed it put me in the best situation to succeed on and off the court. I built a great relationship with Coach Jones and the rest of the coaching staff, and it seemed like the best fit. 

Q: How do you balance being a D1 Athlete with your rigorous coursework? 

A: I balance both by being time-efficient. There’s plenty of time to put in the work necessary to be a great basketball player as well as a good student. You can easily get distracted, but if you know your priorities, it is not too bad.

Q: Who is your biggest inspiration?

A: My biggest inspiration is my father. My father came to the United States with absolutely nothing and worked hard every day to provide for our family. His hard-working personality is what drives me to be the best person and basketball player I can be. 

Q: Do you have any pregame ritual that you do before every game?

A: My pregame ritual is to listen to hip-hop. I like to listen to Pnb Rock, Lil Baby, and Drake.

Q: What is the most important lesson you have learned from playing basketball here at BU? 

A: I learned that success comes from what you do when people are not looking. If you do the right things such as lifting, putting up shots on your free time, and eating the right things, you will put yourself in a better situation to play.

Q: What keeps you motivated? 

A: I am motivated by the thought of making my family proud and being just like my dad.

Q: What do you plan to do after Graduation? 

A: I plan on playing professional basketball as long as I can and then getting a job in business.

Check out Suhk Matton on Instagram: @terriermbbal @smathon123 

Click here for Suhk’s stats!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Ro is a sophomore at BU studying Finance.