Struggles When the Weather Can’t Make Up Its Mind

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Well, Bostonians, it’s that time of year when the weather changes more than should be possible. It can be frustrating to say the least, but here are a few of the most popular pains of dealing with Boston weather:

1) No Room in Your Closet

Despite requests from your parents to bring some clothes home with you, you need all the options you can get at this point. With clothes from every season in your closet, you may find it overflowing before you know it.

2) No Free Hands

When it’s 35 degrees during your 10 a.m. class and nearly 70 degrees for your 2 p.m., you’re constantly walking from class to class carrying most of your closet in your hands “just in case.”

3) Something’s Always Missing

Even when you’re dressed up in your hat, gloves, scarf, and parka, turns out you forgot your umbrella just in time for the passing rain showers. At least we tried!

4) The Weather App is a Bust

You’ve checked the weather every day leading up to your weekend trip and packed according to the high 60 degree reports… then you get there and turns out you should have brought your winter coat. Ugh.

5) Ever-Changing Weekend Plans

Going to Newbury Street with friends is a great idea until the weather changes last minute and you have to brave through the rain, snow, or cold to get there. Making plans in advance is nearly impossible when you can’t count on the weather to be consistent for you to do so.

Dealing with the temperamental weather is tough, but hey, that hour and a half when it’s warm and sunny makes it all worth it. 

Jessica is a senior at Boston University, studying in the School of Communication with a major in Mass Communication, a minor in Cinema & Media Studies and is on the Pre-Law Track. She made the move from Westchester, NY to Boston, and is living in a constant fear of the impending winter. When not in class, she could be found obsessing over Harry Potter or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, making poorly timed puns, or drinking an excess of tea.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.