neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Storage Ideas to Organize Your Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Hanging Shelves

Make the most of your limited closet space by hanging a “sweater shelf” at the edge of your closet. These shelves are not only useful for storing sweaters and sweatshirts, which can be hard to store efficiently, but they can also be used for any type of clothing. This particular shelf, from Bed Bath & Beyond, can be made into two separate shorter shelves, if that style is more efficient for your space

Drawer Organizers

You can seriously maximize your drawer space by using drawer organizers. Not to mention, they will also make the inside of your drawers look much more put-together. You can buy drawer organizers or you can even make your own out of shoeboxes!

Keep Your Scarves On A Hanger

Scarves can be one of the most difficult things to store. If you have a lot of scarves but still want to be able to access them easily, just attach shower rings to a hanger and loop your scarves through. While many scarf hangers can be more hard-to-access than helpful, this one is simple to make and very easy to access.

Over-bed Storage

One of the best things you can do is to take advantage of vertical space in your room. The Dorm Space Saver, from Bed Bath & Beyond, gives you two extra shelves that are easily accessible right over your bed.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.