The Stages of Spring Break Dieting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.
The second it starts to get cold, college students across the country begin making plans for the most epic two weeks of their lives aka Spring Break.

We suffered through blizzards, presentations, papers, and exams all semester and we have earned this vacation free from any and all responsibility. However, we are forced to grind through cardio and ab workouts so that we can make our dreams of frolicking around Cabo looking like a Victoria’s Secret model come true. Even though we try our best to do our crunches and eat our vegetables, spring break diets just never go as planned. But snaps to us for trying!

We know you’ve experienced these Stages of SB Dieting: 

1. You and your girlfriends book the best spring break trip ever.

2. And you’re like “I have to look hot” and decide to get in shape early.

3. So you start working out.

4. And making conscious choices about what you eat. 

5. But then you realize that eating healthy sucks. 

6. And you start going crazy. 

7. So you tell yourself that one night of Dominoes won’t kill you and that you’ll get serious about maintaining the diet the next morning. 

8. All of a sudden spring break is two weeks away and you’ve accomplished nothing. 

9. There isn’t much time left, so you decide to try a new strategy.

10. And then you resort to this plan.

11. It’s the day before you leave for SB and you know you’ve failed, but you can’t admit it.

12. So you try to rationalize your failure.

13. Next, you realize it’s spring break where nothing matters, so who cares about a diet.

S-P-R-I-N-G  B-R-E-A-K  2-0-1-5 #noregrets

Brianne is a junior at BU where she is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in going out Monday-Sunday. She refers to Vogue as her bible, is addicted to instagram and the Real Housewives, and considers mimosas to be a food group. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.