etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Break in Montreal: Highlights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I spent a portion of my spring break in Montreal, Quebec with my best friend. The three highlights were as follows: social media ops, amazing food, and of course, experiencing another culture. Here are some pics from the week! 

Social Media 

Montreal is great for capturing social media pictures worth a hundred likes.

I took over the Her Campus BU Instagram page for the day! It was fun trying to come up with cool pictures to show our followers. Of course, it wasn’t difficult. Old Montreal doesn’t need a filter. 

Here is an example of another awesome Insta post. My sorority sister and I did the hand sign for Alpha Chi Omega and captioned it “seeking the heights,” which is the organization’s motto.  

Being up on the 50th floor on a rooftop, we thought we were pretty clever.  

Food 

Anywhere you go in Montreal, the food will be phenomenal. The proof is below. 

This restaurant was dedicated entirely to chocolate. It tasted better than it looked. 

LOV definitely had the cutest food presentation. It was also completely vegan and vegetarian. 

LOV Latte

Oh, and at LOV, you sit in bird cages to eat your food. 

New Experiences 

Lastly, just being in another country was such a cool experience. I loved hearing everyone speak French.

Get ready to add another stamp to your passport page.

Returning to the U.S., taken at the border.  

Je reviens vite, Montreal!

Christy is a broadcast journalism major with a cinema & media studies focus at Boston University, class of 2018. She aspires to be a news anchor for a major network. In her spare time, she is an actress! Check out her journalism site at christymatino.weebly.com and her acting site at christymatino.com
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.