SparkNotes’ Twitter – The Epitome of an English Major’s Humor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I was just casually scrolling through Twitter one day and happened to stumble upon a post from the SparkNotes’ Twitter account. For those of you who don’t know, Sparknotes is a website that provides resources to help in understanding works of literature. So, their entire Twitter account is full of English Literature jokes. As an English major, I of course found these to be hilarious. Below are 5 of my personal favorites from Sparknotes’ Twitter:

Pandora’s Box

Not only is this a reference to Pandora’s box, but it’s also extremely relatable. Who hasn’t done something stupid knowing it was a bad decision? It was an easily avoidable thing that ended up unleashing all the evils unto the world. But like, what else were you expecting?

That’s So Fetch

Fetch? More like the American Dream. It’s never going to happen. This is such a relatable joke told through such a great movie meme.

What’s Communication?

It’s said that every Shakespearean tragedy wouldn’t exist if they had just talked their problems out. But, who doesn’t love a bit of dramatic miscommunication with deadly consequences.

Just a Smoothie

Beware the Ides of March, folks. You never know if your best friend Brutus is plotting to stab you with his other bros.

Yes or No

Who doesn’t love The Good Place? Hamlet is honestly a whole mess of a play. So, do we ever really know if Claudius killed Hamlet? The answer is yes or no.

These were just a few of the many tweets from SparkNotes. I definitely recommend checking out their profile if you thought any of these were funny. I’m just gonna go and scroll through their account. Don’t mind my nerdy laughter.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

MyChalia is a freshman majoring in English Education in the Wheelock College of Education and Human Development at Boston University. She has a passion for education and social justice, as well as creating a loving and accepting community for all regardless of race, gender, sexual identity, etc. MyChalia also has a passion for reading and creative writing. She can be found lost in the isles of a Barnes n' Noble or chilling in a random Boston cafe drinking iced coffee.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.