Sorority Recruitment Fashion Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Sorority recruitment starts Saturday and while it is really exciting it can also be nerve-wracking. Here is a guide to representing yourself the best you can through your clothes.

Day One and Two

These days are supposed to be casual. You can wear jeans and riding boots, casual tops, whatever you would like, but put in effort. It is important to dress like yourself, but the best version of yourself. You are only meeting these women for a short period of time and you want to make the best impression that you can. I would recommend wearing a cute outfit you would wear to class, but not sweatpants.

Day Three

On the third day dressing should be more formal and business casual. This is the time to bring out nice pants, dresses and skirts. Blazers are also a popular option for this night. It is always a good idea to express your personality and style through your outfits, however do not wear tight and revealing clothes tonight. Business casual style is semi-professional looking and you don’t want to look like you’re going to a club. Sororities want to know that you can dress professionally and it will not reflect well on you if you are wearing a body-con dress surrounded by girls in blazers.  

Day Four

This night is Preference Night! It should be a really exciting day and the most formal.  Cocktail attire is necessary and it is a very special day for the sororities. Wear a cocktail dress that you feel like yourself in, you feel good in and looks good on you. As with all of the days, wear comfortable shoes!

Have a good time and be yourself!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.