Snacks You Need to Make it Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Studying just seems so much easier when you have something to chew on while doing it. Unfortunately, this can lead to a lot of bad snacking late at night, which we all know is terrible for our metabolisms. It’s not the best timing either, considering within a couple weeks we’ll be hitting the beach and the pool. Here are some healthy (and yummy) snack options that are great for exam week!

1.     Peanut Butter Toast with Banana

Everyone loves peanut butter- it tastes heavenly and is full of good protein! If you cut up a banana on put it on top, it makes for a very filling snack that will help you power through a night of reviewing. It’s easy to make and fun to eat.

2.     Hummus and Whole Wheat Crackers/Pretzels

If you’re craving something salty like pretzels, pair it with hummus! Like peanut butter, it’s filling and full of protein, which can help curb your hunger. It’ll give you the energy to pull an all-nighter and finish that essay.

3.     Dark Chocolate covered Almonds

For those of you with a sweet tooth, this snack will more than satisfy you. Almonds not only boost energy, but also balance blood sugar. The sweet dark chocolate is not only delicious, but also a powerful source of antioxidants. This is the perfect guilt-free late night study snack!

4.     Turkey and Cheese Roll Up

If you want something with a little more substance, buy your favorite type of cheese and roll it up with some turkey. It’s low in calories and high in protein, not to mention extremely tasty.

5.     Oatmeal with Brown Sugar

Oatmeal is high in fiber and extremely low in calories. It tastes great on its own, but if you sprinkle some brown sugar on it, you’ll love the sweet twist! It’s very easy to make in the dorm room and cheap, so next time you’re craving a snack, try this one!

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis