Six Things To Do Before the School Year Ends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The school year is coming to a close, but there’s still so much to do around the city before you go. Some students are going home, others are traveling or studying abroad, and others are working or interning. But, no matter what your summer plans are, there are six things you must do before leaving school.

1. Go to a darty.

During the study period, students usually aren’t studying the whole time. Lots of fraternities have darties during the week to celebrate ~almost~ being done with the school year. Although you may feel the pressure of finals, it’s also important to have fun and give yourself a break. It might not be a good idea to hit all the darties happening during study week, but one or two won’t hurt.

2. Study hard.

Of course, after your study break is over, it’s time to get back to the grind and study hard for your finals. After all, you’re in school to learn. Make studying more fun by getting Starbucks or trying out a new study spot (you can check out a list of some of our favorite study spots on campus right here)!. There are so many places on BU’s campus that are terrific study sports including Pavement, Buick Street, and the Dean’s Lounge.

3. Go to brunch with your closest friends.

Over the summer, you probably won’t see your college friends as much as you’re used to, and that’s always sad. So, make a point to get together with all your closest friends before everyone departs from campus. Brunch is always a good idea, but even something as simple as coffee at a new place or going to Boston Common to just relax if the weather is nice if a fun idea. As long as you’re all together, it’ll be great.

4. Catch up with a friend you haven’t seen in a while.

College can get so busy, and it can be difficult to see friends who aren’t in your major, your sorority, or who live on the other side of campus. Reach out to them and catch up before the school year ends. Old friends are usually the best friends, and it’s nice to keep in touch with people.

5. Thank any professors who had an impact on you.

If you had a professor this semester who really made you love your major or love a topic, let them know. A nice handwritten thank you note is always best, but even an email will do in a pinch. Let them know you appreciate them! Also, you never know if they have the inside scoop on an internship or job in the future, and you want them to remember you.

6. Go to your favorite place on campus.

Everyone has a favorite spot on their campus. At BU, my favorite spot is the BU beach. On a nice day, everyone flocks to the grassy area in central campus. From a bench, I can look across the river and see the location of my sorority’s previous three formals, some MIT fraternity houses, and the rowers on the river. So many memories! The people watching is great, too plus there’s usually a game of frisbee going on and dogs running around. So, before the school year ends, go to your favorite spot on campus and celebrate finishing another year of college!

Good luck with finals everyone and happy summer, you’re almost there!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Hometown: St. Paul, MN City Editor at the BU Buzz
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.