A Simple Plan for Conquering Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

First things first, make sure to double check when and where all of your finals are. The only way to ensure failure is to not show up at all.

Next, be sure to do your laundry. No matter how many skinny-leg blue jeans or warm knit sweaters you have, the last few weeks of the semester tend to be the time when chores like laundry slip between the cracks. If you leave it to the last minute, where you’re cramming for your Psych final or finishing a philosophy paper, you may find you simply don’t have the time.

Another important thing to remember, is to keep healthy snack options available. These snacks should be the foods least likely to spill on your laptop and cause your computer to die an excruciatingly horrible death. Some options: an apple, a banana, a (chewy) kind of granola bar (no crumbs wanted here), and a cup of yogurt. Thanks to your smart snacking, you are ensuring that you have a working computer to get you through this final crunch time.

Speaking of laptops and computers, prevent any problems by backing up your information. Upload important documents to Google Docs, or just email a copy of them to yourself. That way, you can rest easy knowing that technology won’t eat your homework. (And more literally, if you are like me and have a puppy, make sure you don’t drop important notes on the ground.)

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, make sure that you give yourself some free time. Scheduling 30 minutes or so into your study schedule every 2 hours or so can help bring your energy level back up. So go ahead, watch an episode of “How I Met Your Mother,” grab a latte from your favorite coffee shop, go for a quick run, do some Yoga, or call up a friend or family member for a quick de-stressing chat.

So, I wish you all the best of luck! I myself need to go and finish up this article and get back to studying. But remember, we’re so close to winter break! Trust me, once you get through finals, the time off will be well-earned and much-appreciated.

Ashley Rossi is a sophomore at Boston University studying Magazine Journalism and Mass Communication. After living in a small town for most of her childhood she looked towards the city for an exciting adventure. At BU Ashley has volunteered with the Community Service Center and written for various publications, including The Buzz and College Fashionista. Her goal is to eventually run the creative department for any major fashion magazine or international design house. Ashley also blogs daily on her blog, Gossip, Chanel, and English Tea on Tumblr. In the meantime she enjoys relaxing on the beach, watching Gossip Girl and Weeds, and reading the next Lauren Weisberger novel.