This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Shameless is back and (hopefully) better than ever! This past Sunday, the first episode of season ten aired, and I was beyond excited. I have been patiently waiting for this day for what feels like forever. I thought there was no better way to give homage to the past nine seasons than thorough gifs. (Warning! Contains spoilers!)

First and foremost, the most major thing that happened last season: Fiona left. Being completely honest, I don’t know how to feel about this. She was pretty much the main character and took care of every single person on the show, but I also think it is so good that she is finally putting herself first by leaving. Either way she’s gone, and the rest of the family is going to need some luck!

As for Debbie, she is thriving, and it better stay that way. That girl has gone through way, way too much to become the next Fiona. *Women* power out here!

I am an Ian and Micky stan first and a human second. But seriously, I think the thing on this show that makes me the happiest is Ian and Micky’s relationship, and ladies and gents, THEY ARE BACK! They may be in prison (oops), but they are back together and I’m really hoping that it stays that way. It will definitely be a rollercoaster ride of emotions, just like everything else that happens in Shameless.

Lip is:

1. A college dropout
  2. A dad
  3. Maybe finally becoming responsible
  4. All of the above?

As of season ten, Liam has become committed to learning more about his black history, and who better to help him then the ever-supporting V?

Frank, Frank, Frank — is there anything to ever say?

And last but not least is Carl. Fresh out of military school and deciding what he wants to do with his life. Carl is one of the most transformed characters in Shameless and I’m really hoping this season brings nothing different out of this newly grown boy.

Yes, there are practically endless characters I could talk about in Shameless, but these are the main few and the consistent few. As a final goodbye, here is Fiona just saying it how it is.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets.

Emma is a junior at Boston University majoring in English and minoring in Women and Gender Studies, in the College of Arts and Sciences. When not in class you can find the New York native writing/reading with a chai in hand.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.