This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you’ve been on the internet in the last few months, chances are you’ve heard about Disney’s newest Ariel. It’s true; singer-songwriter-actor Halle Bailey will be trading in her feet for a tail… and then her voice for feet (spoiler). But Bailey is hardly new to your world…her and her sister have been singing R&B for years. So, if you’re looking to learn more about our Ariel and her sister, get some song suggestions, or learn what else Beyoncé can do, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s talk Chloe x Halle.

They gave us Jaz & Sky.

Feel free to disagree, but when I say Jaz and Sky are the greatest characters on Grown-ish, that’s just one of those things I mean. I believe it. Twins Jaz and Sky are the true stars of track, comebacks, and our hearts. It’s a yes from me.

They’re teaching us how to grow with grace.

Their first big song doubles as the theme song for Grown-ish. It’s really good.

Their first complete album is a-maz-ing.

Their debut album, The Kids Are Alright, was released last year. The album may have taken three years. and it may have been recorded almost exclusively in their living room, but it was worth it — the debut earned the duo two Grammy nominations, a tour, and our love. 

They were discovered by Beyoncé!

This is not fake news. The R&B duo posted a cover of “Pretty Hurts” on YouTube, Queen Bey saw it, and the rest is history. But history that we will always remember because not just everyone gets to have a cameo in Lemonade

And, in that spirit, they toured… with Beyoncé.

It’s one thing to be discovered by Beyoncé, another to be invited to tour with her. The sister singing team spent their last summer opening for Beyoncé on her OTRII Tour. It was, and still is, iconic. 

They are just as good live (maybe better!).

Ever been disappointed when watching your favorite artist live? If you’re seeing Chloe x Halle, that will not be the case. I promise. I was blessed to see them live when they visited my home state last year and, I assure you, these girls can sing. For real. Their live performances deserve our respect. Don’t believe me? Look into it yourself!

They are making a splash.

Well, one of them is at least. Last year, it was revealed that Halle Bailey would be playing Ariel in Disney’s live-action remake. This is completely unprecedented in the Disney-verse and we welcome it. By casting a woman of color in a traditionally type-casted role, Disney and Bailey are making Ariel part of our world.  

They are just like us.

The sisters serve as a reminder that we can do anything. Aged 21 and 19, respectively, Chloe x Halle are one of us. And they want you to know it. The title track of their debut album The Kids Are Alright is affirmation. It tells us that even though the world may disregard us, ignore us, or weigh on us, we are going to be alright.

They are sisters first.

We are no stranger to musically gifted families (Jackson 5, anyone?). But one might say we are a stranger to families dedicated to staying one. Chloe x Halle have made it clear they are sisters first. Best friends, second. Music partners, third. 

They are just them.

The sisters have made it clear that they aren’t trying to appeal to a certain audience. They are just wholly, completely, and ardently themselves. We support that. 

Chloe X Halle are the power duo we’ve been waiting for. They are strong. They are powerful. They are more than alright.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Jazzy is a junior in the College of Communication at Boston University. The Minnesota native loves all kinds of fun things like coffee drinks, Beyoncé songs, and fictional books with strong female protagonists. If you like those things too, that's awesome! Please be her friend.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.