Scream Queens Inspired Looks for Everyday Wear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The fashion on Ryan Murphy’s new horror-comedy, Scream Queens, is literally to die for. While these Kappa Kappa Tau girls totally rock their outrageous outfits, they can be difficult to recreate for the rest of us collegiettes. Here are some easy ways to incorporate their killer style into your everyday wardrobe.

1. Fur

Fur, especially in pastels, can be difficult to pull off on a normal day. If you’re daring enough to try out a fur vest, a neutral cream or light brown helps keep it more casual. Fur accents are a good way to incorporate the trend in subtler ways. A cute fur pom-pom is perfect on a hat or a keychain. Furry earmuffs or scarves can help keep you warm while still looking cute.

2. Pastels

The Chanels live in pastels, and luckily for us, it’s an easy trend to translate to everyday wear. Combine multiple pastels for an extra Chanel-esque look, or pair a pastel top with light wash jeans for a similar effect. If light colors aren’t your thing, add a pastel accessory, like this backpack, to a darker outfit.

3. Matching Sets

The Chanels love to channel the classic Chanel matching jacket and dress combo. A more modern and casual take on this style is a matching skirt and crop top set. This gives the same streamlined look but with a more youthful twist.

4. Statement Jewelry

Statement jewelry is a great addition to any outfit, especially simpler pieces. Go for silver-toned or pearl necklaces like the Chanels, or follow Zayday’s lead and use your jewelry to add even more color.

5. Hats

All the characters on the show are fans of hats (or earmuffs). The newsboy cap is popular with Zayday, Grace and even Chad, but a chill baseball cap is a great substitute. Don’t be afraid to add a patterned hat like Grace’s to a simple outfit. If you’re not ready for Chanel number five’s cat hat, try a beanie with cat ears or a beret instead. Feel free to rock Chanel number three’s signature earmuffs to keep warm outside during the winter months.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.