Scooter Gang: My Experience as a Razor Scooter Ambassador

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

This semester I had the incredible opportunity to be a student ambassador for Razor.  

The famous scooter company that we all remember from our childhoods has developed into a brand with tons of innovative products that are absolutely perfect for college student.  For three weeks, it was my task to show other people how much fun I was having!  

Having photoshoots that were centered around a scooter was a really unique opportunity. I had always loved taking pictures with my friends for Instagram, but the added element of the scooter was even better!

Getting to use my own creativity was a dream come true. I was recruited by Newbridge Marketing Group, an agency that manages a variety of student ambassador programs for brands. They’ve been great to work with and gave me a lot of freedom to make decisions about the ways I showed off the scooter. They made communication so easy and gave me a lot of freedom to make decisions about the ways I showed off the scooter. 

When I would scooter to places around campus, I’d see people I knew and they always seemed to smile a little wider when they saw me. It was even better when they asked about it. Most of my friends had seen something I posted previously on my Instagram and wanted to know all about the program. 

I can’t even count the number of times someone said “You’re a scooter ambassador—that’s so cool!” or “Can I try out your scooter?” It was a really interesting way to connect with people and get to know them better. People either ended up having conversations with me about how they could get the same scooter, or how I came to be involved in this unique opportunity.

I even had a couple of instances where the security guards and maintenance staff in my building commented on the scooter because they thought it was a really good idea. 

Once a police officer even told me my scooter was perfect for getting around Boston. He was right, by the way, because I’ve found that having my own method of transportation is super convenient. It’s not a bike, so I can ride it on the sidewalk and not have people roll their eyes at me. It’s not a skateboard (which I’ve personally never learned to ride) so the thought of skating down a busy Boston street is particularly terrifying. It goes fast enough to get from one end of BU’s campus to the other in about 15 minutes. There’s even a way to fold it up and bring it in stores or a classroom!

If you want to join the fun, use code SCOOTERGANG to get 20% off of Razor products on their website

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sonja is a senior at Boston University from New Hampshire studying journalism. On campus, Sonja works to promote various brands to the college audience. She has been an ambassador for Razor Scooters, Venmo, Rent the Runway, Comcast Xfinity, and BEARPAW Shoes! When she's not writing or working, she loves exploring restaurants and taking pictures around Boston!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.