Scandal Season 6 Episode 6 Recap 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Let’s talk about last week’s episode of Scandal. If you aren’t caught up, then spoiler alert! TURN BACK NOW! 

President Elect Frankie Vargas’s killer was revealed. In an interesting turn of events, Eli Pope, Olivia’s dad, shot Frankie Vargas in cold blood. 

However, Eli did not do this on his own accord. After having various loved ones threatened by an unknown group, Eli kills Frankie and frames Cyrus (the VP Elect) for the murder in order to protect Olivia.  

This “unknown group” is adamant that former First Lady Mellie Grant becomes president. Why? That has yet to be revealed, but I can only imagine we will find out before the end of the season. 

In six seasons, we have never seen Eli this frightened or capable of being controlled. There may be a group more evil than Eli himself. 

The last few seasons of Scandal have been a rollercoaster, and I think we can all agree that the old Scandal is back and we should all be nervous about what evil-genius Shonda Rhimes does next.  

Is Jake involved? Will Mellie actually become president? What will happen to Cyrus now that we know he was framed?  

All I know is that we’ll have to tune in next week to find out, and we’ll go through this wild ride together.  

Elena is a junior at Boston University studying Film and Television and Journalism.  She likes her shows created by HBO or Shonda Rhimes and possesses an undying love for the New England Patriots.     
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.