This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Dear Fall,

We’ve never been properly introduced before. My name is Emma and I crossed coasts to meet you in person because your West Coast variation looks nothing like the multicolored wonderland a quick Google search of “East Coast fall” dazzles me with.

I’m getting jittery just thinking about how beautiful you are going to be. This is not mere flattery; you are truly a sight for season-deprived eyes. Everyone can’t stop talking about how happy you make them feel and that when you come around, the sweet scent of apples and cinnamon fills the air (even in the city).

Credit: Chris Yiu on Flickr/Creative Commons

I have waited oh so very patiently to see you magically turn the leaves into the most electrifying shades of red, orange, and yellow. My sweaters are practically begging for me to wrap myself in all of their comfy, cozy splendor.

In celebration of your arrival, I’ve made you a little gift. Don’t tell me I shouldn’t have, because I would have done it no matter what you said. I compiled a playlist of songs that remind me of you, or at least my idea of you. Old classics like “September” by Earth, Wind, and Fire and “Harvest Moon” by Neil Young obviously made it onto the list. But, more recent songs like Cage the Elephant’s “Cigarette Daydreams” and Rex Orange County’s “Corduroy Dreams” also perfectly capture the warm and fuzzy sounds of the season.

Credit: John Tlumacki

Oh, Fall! I have been waiting for so long to meet you and now that you’re officially here I can finally break out my comfy sweaters, pour myself a mug of apple cider, and watch the leaves fall as “Sweater Weather” by The Neighbourhood plays softly in the background. Consider this a serenade in honor of our new friendship! Although you’ll only be in town until approximately the end of November, I look forward to getting to know you better while you’re here! 

xoxo,

Emma. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Emma is a senior at BU studying Journalism and Gender and Women's Studies in the College of Communications. She's originally from sunny Los Angeles, California. She is an avid fan of local bakeries and making oddly specific Spotify playlists.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.