Returning Home— Block Island as a College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Ever since the 1960s, my family has been visiting beautiful and scenic Block Island, an amazing beach getaway right off the coast of Rhode Island. Growing up in Northern Virginia, I never got to see a lot of water in my own hometown, but going to Block Island every summer was the best treat I could have ever asked for. It became my home. 

Over this past long weekend, I decided to share that experience with my boyfriend, Bennie, for our one year anniversary. We had so much fun there, and it was just as magical in the fall as it was in the summertime. 

Riding the BI Ferry again for the first time in what felt like forever was such an unbeatable feeling. Upon arriving at the island, we spent the day riding a cute yellow moped around, checking out the beautiful views, and seeing my favorite spots. We stopped at Rebecca’s, a tasty (and pretty affordable) seafood shack, and got Del’s Lemonade, a Rhode Island classic. The perfect ending to the day was sitting on the breakwater together, playing cards, and then heading over to the alpaca farm to pet some adorable animals. 

Although I love living in Boston now, it was great to be back home.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.