This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Just when we thought he couldn’t get any more awesome, last week Chancellor Johnathan Bennet (better known as Chance the Rapper) led a parade of fans to an early voting site on Monday night in Chicago to motivate people to make their voices heard and vote. The fact that Chance cares so deeply about us exercising our right to vote proves that he is one of the coolest, if not the coolest, artists out there. If you aren’t familiar with Chance the Rapper or his music, here are some other reasons why we love him.

1. His Political Involvement

Chance has put his fame to good use long before his “parade to the polls” last week. He partnered with the NAACP earlier this year to be a part of the #staywokeandvote campaign, encouraging fans to vote.

2. He’s an Independent Artist

Chance is one of few really successful independent artists. He is not signed to an album, and his mixtapes are free to stream on multiple websites. This is an awesome move on his part, making it possible for everyone to enjoy his music.

3. He has Cool Merchandise

This may seem like a silly reason to love an artist, but Chance has the coolest merchandise out there. His Chance 3 cap is so popular it’s sold out!

4. His Reaction to Beyoncé

Did I mention he may be the most relatable celebrity out there? When meeting Beyoncé at the 2016 VMAs, he was visibly star struck upon seeing the queen.

5. His Music

The last one seems like the most obvious reason to love any artist-his music. His mixtapes 10 Day, Acid Rap, and Coloring Book all feature a mix of upbeat songs that will make you sing along to them in the car (like my personal favorite, “No Problem”) to beautifully written slower songs that you’ll love just as much (like “Same Drugs”).

If you haven’t listened to his music yet or learned more about this awesome rapper, give him a try! Chances are you’ll be hooked! 

Sara Frazier is currently a freshman in the College of Communication at Boston University. In addition to writing, she is also passionate about coffee, Gilmore Girls, online shopping, and all things awesome. She hopes to one day pursue writing professionally, either as a journalist or screenwriter (it's okay not to have it figured out yet, right?), and is so excited to be a part of Her Campus!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.