This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It has been over a month since Taylor Swift released her fourth re-recording, and I believe it is my duty as an avid Swiftie to rank all of the re-recorded “From the Vault” tracks. My qualifications include: being a Swiftie since I was 10 and having attended the Red, Reputation, and Eras tours.

When Emma Falls in Love

Album: Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)

I may be partial to this song since my name is Emma. When she announced the names of the Vault tracks, I freaked, and the song lived up to the expectations. Everything about it is just perfect!

All Too Well (10-minute version)

Album: Red (Taylor’s Version)

Some people may say that 10 minutes is too long for a song, but when it comes to Taylor Swift’s music, and especially this song, I would listen forever if I could. The new lyrics make it 10 times better than the original – which I didn’t even believe was possible.

Is it Over Now?

Album: 1989 (Taylor’s Version)

This song has blown up on TikTok, but for good reason. The bridge is amazing. Yes, I too am guilty of walking around my apartment singing this song on repeat, and no, I don’t get sick of it.

taylor swift\'s 1989 (taylors version)
Taylor Swift / Republic
I Bet You Think About Me (Feat. Chris Stapleton)

Album: Red (Taylor’s Version)

This song is so good and so underrated! I was so upset when I heard Taylor played this as a surprise song at an Eras Tour show that wasn’t mine. I’m not a country gal, but the country twang in this song is just perfect!

Mr. Perfectly Fine

Album: Fearless (Taylor’s Version)

“Mr. Perfectly Fine” is by far the best Fearless Vault track. I played this song on repeat when this album first came out. It’s absolutely amazing and completely worth the hype.

Nothing New (feat. Phoebe Bridgers)

Album: Red (Taylor’s Version)

I’m not a huge Phoebe Bridgers fan, but this song is a masterpiece. I was lucky enough to hear this song live, and it ended up being everything I imagined and more. The bridge is beautiful and 18-year-old me appreciates this more than a 10-year-old me would have.

Better Man

Album: Red (Taylor’s Version)

This was one of my surprise songs at the Eras Tour (Gillette night one!), so it will forever hold a special place in my heart. I have a new appreciation for this song, and I even got to hear Little Big Town perform it live!

Now That We Don’t Talk

Album: 1989 (Taylor’s Version)

This song didn’t immediately stand out to me when I first listened to the Vault songs on this album. However, it has grown on me! Hearing the rumors that this song is about Harry Styles has, for me, made the song even better. (The line “I don’t have to pretend I like acid rock,” sounds a little too close to “I don’t have to pretend I like ‘As it Was'”…)

Slut! 

Album: 1989 (Taylor’s Version)

When I first heard that this would be the title of a Vault track, I was so excited and so intrigued. I had a feeling that Taylor would pull a “Little Freak” (song by Harry Styles) and turn this into a sad song. I was right, but I actually have no complaints about that!

I Can See You

Album: Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)

This is a Vault song that pleasantly surprised me. I wasn’t super into it when it first came out, but after it became popular on TikTok, I grew to like it more, not to mention the music video ft. Taylor Lautner.

The Very First Night

Album: Red (Taylor’s Version)

This song has always been a favorite of mine. It’s super upbeat and fun, easy to sing along to – especially in the car. The rumors that it was about a woman made my little queer heart happy. (Yes, I’m guilty of singing “They don’t know how much I miss HER” – it just fits so well.)

Suburban Legends

Album: 1989 (Taylor’s Version)

The name of this song is intriguing, and I’m glad that it’s as good as I expected it would be. Overall, it’s very catchy and fits the 1989 album very well.

Foolish One

Album: Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)

This song took some time for me to get into, but I’ve grown to love it. It was not my favorite when this album first came out, but now it’s up there. I think I had the chorus stuck in my head for over a week at one point!

Message in a Bottle

Album: Red (Taylor’s Version)

This is a fun and upbeat song that I especially enjoy listening to in the car with friends! It has landed in the middle of my list simply because there are too many good Vault tracks.

Say Don’t Go

Album: 1989 (Taylor’s Version)

I was pleasantly surprised by the Vault tracks on 1989, so ranking them proved to be quite hard. This song is nice, but unfortunately, it’s just not as good as the other Vault songs on this re-recording.

Timeless

Album: Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)

This song is great. My only complaint is that it’s a little long, but I love the storytelling aspect behind it and I like the meaningful message it communicates.

Run (feat. Ed Sheeran)

Album: Red (Taylor’s Version)

I’m all for an Ed Sheeran feature, and this song is no exception. It’s an excellent song, and very similar to “Everything Has Changed,” the song featuring Ed Sheeran on the original version of Red.

Castles Crumbling (feat. Haley Williams)

Album: Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)

I was excited to hear another feature was going to be on this album – I think Haley Williams is an amazing vocalist and she adds quality to an already wonderful song.

Electric Touch (feat. Fall Out Boy)

Album: Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)

I was very excited to hear this song when it was first announced, especially with the Fall Out Boy feature. It’s great, don’t get me wrong, but dare I say the addition of Fall Out Boy makes it worse?

We Were Happy

Album: Fearless (Taylor’s Version)

Somehow an even sadder song than “You All Over Me.” This song was one that I had to skip for a while right after I went through a major breakup. It’s a little too relatable sometimes.

You All Over Me (feat. Maren Morris)

Album: Fearless (Taylor’s Version)

I remember loving this song when this album was first released. It is beautifully written and truly is like a knife to the heart at times (but let’s be honest – this is what Taylor does best).

Forever Winter

Album: Red (Taylor’s Version)

Another good but slow song that I think gets overlooked because of the other amazing Vault songs and the Red album in its entirety.

Babe

Album: Red (Taylor’s Version)

A good song when I’m in the mood for it, but it can be too slow. I believe Red has some of the best Vault tracks, so, unfortunately, this one is not as good as the rest.

Bye Bye Baby

Album: Fearless (Taylor’s Version)

This song is good but slow. There are just too many better songs that have come out of the Vault.

Don’t You

Album: Fearless (Taylor’s Version)

Since Fearless was the first re-recorded album, and not one of my favorites per se, I do not listen to the Vault tracks on this album much. This song is quite slow, but the lyrics reflect how beautiful and relatable Taylor always is.

That’s When (feat. Kieth Urban)

Album: Fearless (Taylor’s Version)

No Taylor Swift song is bad – so placing this in last does not mean I don’t like it. It means that there are too many songs to pick from and one of them had to be in last place!

Thank you for reading as I geek out over Taylor Swift songs – now time to go try to find Taylor’s easter eggs and figure out when the next re-recording will be released!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

I am member of the events team at HCBU, and a junior studying health science. I am also the treasurer of the club gymnastics team here at BU, and I love to travel and spend time with friends and family!