Style

Ralph Lauren Honors Rachel Green— 25 Years of Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

What’s more legendary than watching Rachel Green dress for her dream job? “The One Where They Wore Ralph Lauren,” a real-life Ralph Lauren capsule collection dedicated to the fashion icon herself. 

Honoring Friends and Rachel Green’s consistently admired and timeless style, the capsule collection is the first from a major designer to honor a television show’s 25-year anniversary. 

Green’s favorite store and brand—Bloomingdale’s and Ralph Lauren—have partnered with Warner Brothers to celebrate her iconic 90’s style. The capsule collection has timeless staples from Ralph Lauren’s ‘Polo’ and ‘Lauren’ lines. And where better for Rachel Green’s clothes to be sold than Bloomingdale’s! 

The 74-piece, “wear to work” collection has a variety of Rachel-inspired work wear, shoes, and accessories: all influenced by different scenes, from Central Perk to the apartment to the streets of New York City. The webpage has an interactive “shop the story” display, a true match made in heaven for Friends and fashion fanatics. 

Photo credit: Ralph​ Lauren

Whether you’re looking for a chic striped blazer or a pop-of-color sweater vest, the collection ought to add a little of Rachel’s flair to your wardrobe. 

Leather trousers, plaid skirts, wool sweaters, and so much more commemorate 90’s style in the best possible way—with a fresh cut and update inspired by 2019. 

Also helping honor the 25th anniversary is a traveling installation dedicated to the show’s set and a pop-up shop of Central Perk. 

With these tributes to the show’s 25th anniversary, Friends is now talk of the town. We’ve always wanted to dress like Rachel Green, and now we can!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.