Rachel Regent and Cydney Marks-Nichols of Knots and Wraps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

When I met Rachel Regent (CGS, 2015) and Cydney Marks-Nichols (CGS, 2015) at the GSU, I first noticed their gorgeous bracelets. Compared to the hair-tie collection I was sporting on my wrist, their bracelets certainly stood out! Cydney said that over the summer she was obsessed with Pinterest, and that’s where she found the idea of the wrap bracelets. “I’ve always been crafty, and it looked like something fun I could do,” she said. One rainy day in Seattle when Rachel was visiting Cydney, they decided to try the bracelets out. After visiting a local bead store they had all they needed to create the Pinterest bracelets. When they got back to school everyone wanted to know where they got their bracelets! After receiving so many compliments and bracelet requests, they decided to turn they’re hobby into a business, and within no time Knots and Wraps was created.

Since then, the girls’ business has primarily been on Etsy, but they’ve had customers from all over the U.S. and even Australia! They said that they’re favorite part about Etsy is that it really allows you to expand and sell your product to people all around the world.

The Spring/Summer collection Knots and Wraps Bracelets

Just this past winter break, when Rachel was visiting family in Florida, she went to the boutique Simply Natural. The lady at the counter loved her bracelets so much she told her to come back and meet with the store’s buyer. After an official meeting, it was decided that Knots and Wraps would complete a 20-piece spring/summer collection that would be sold in Simply Natural. “I called Cydney on the phone and we were SO excited!,” said Rachel after she found out the good news.

Rachel and Cydney both agreed that the best part has been working with the customers as well as getting to have input on the creative side. Not only is it flattering when people buy their bracelets, but they love to talk to the customers to create custom designs! The girls each have their own favorites from their collection; Rachel’s favorite bracelets have crystal beads and Cydney loves the bracelets with pearls.

In the future of Knots and Wraps, the girls hope that their brand will become better known and they want to make more custom bracelets, as well as maybe someday create subsets of Knots and Wraps.

Ladies, these bracelets are stunning. If you’re looking for a new jewelry trend, check out their Etsy store, Facebook and Twitter.

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."