Pumpkin Spice Season is Back––What Has Starbucks Got to Offer?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The iconic PSL secured Starbucks a spot on the list of things to do in autumn. How else would you start fall? The leaves change colors, the air gets breezy, and you always, always must have a pumpkin spice latte in your hand.

Personally, I have never been a fan of the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. I am a fan of pumpkin spice anything else––donuts, cupcakes, bread, bundt cakes, milkshakes. 

But something about the PSL just never hit the mark for me. It didn’t have enough spice or autumn.

Then the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew came along.

Photo Credit: Starbucks

The picture was what sold me first. The foam creme on top of the cold brew looks so enticing and inviting. Despite the bad history Starbucks and I had with pumpkin spice, I was tempted to try. I made the right choice.

The drink typically comes with the nitro lid, which I genuinely appreciated a lot. Not only is it more environmentally-friendly, but it helps perfectly balance the delicious pumpkin cream and cold brew when you put it towards your mouth to drink. Creamy, sweet, but with the kick of the cold brew.

Over time, the cream and cold brew slowly mix together, and the sweetness of the pumpkin cream starts fading into the coffee, making the drink not too sweet.

Overall, I could confidently say that Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is one of my top drink choices at Starbucks. Although it’s a cold drink, I definitely count it as a fall must-have, perfect for inside, curled up with a good book.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Originally from Bay Area, California, Miranda is a sophomore at Boston University studying Public Relations and a minor in Visual Arts. In her free time, she loves skating with her synchronized skating team, going to the movie theater, or doing yoga.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.