Pretty Little Liars Releases First Look at New Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

We thought Pretty Little Liars was all out of surprises after the show finally revealed the identity of A in last summer’s mid-season finale, but based on the episode sneak peek released last week at NYC Comic Con, PLL still has a ton more twists and turns planned for our favorite Liars.  

The four-minute preview opens in the familiar halls of Rosewood High, except now it’s 5 years in the future! Our girls are all grown up and seem to have gone their separate ways after college. 

Alison’s now a teacher in Rosewood (a pretty odd career-choice for the infamous blonde schemer) 

Aria appears to have gone into the publishing business (naturally); and judging by the way she stared at Ezra’s photo on the back of that book cover, it looks like the on-and-off-again Ezria relationship drama still isn’t  over even after all this time!   

Spencer’s big change is that she’s now rocking some pretty intense bangs and also conquering the world in “Washington D.C.” (The air quotes are necessary because that shot of the D.C. green screen may be the fakest thing we’ve ever seen, oops) 

Hanna’s fulfilling her destiny of being an absolutely fabulous and fashionable jetsetter, but based on the way she looked at that little girl on the plane it seems like she might be dealing with some kid-related concerns of her own.  

And Emily seems happy, at least on the surface, working as a bartender out in sunny California.  
But even with their independent lives taking them all across the country, it looks like a letter from Ali about CeCe’s upcoming trial is going to bring everyone together right back where they started for the premiere! We for one can’t wait to see how the rest of the episode turns out when PLL returns to our screens Tuesday January 12th on ABC Family’s recently renamed Freeform Network!   
For now, check out the sneak peak for yourself and prepare to die with anticipation before season seven officially airs! 
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis