This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

“West is best!” is a recurring phrase college students attending Boston University often hear. But, nothing like this is said about Danielsen Hall. Often times, Danielsen is the residence hall people forget about. This is a shame because Danielsen has some really amazing perks. This listicle will bring new light to the “forgotten” residence hall that I call home. Here are some of my favorite things about living in Danielsen.

1. It’s like you’re living off campus.

Living in Danielson definitely feels like you are living off campus. It takes me about 40 minutes to walk to Fit Rec. But I actually really enjoy walking and while it may sometimes be a hassle, the truth of the matter is the exercise is well worth it.

2. There are lots of food options.

There are so many different food options within a short 10-minute walk. Whether that be food in the Prudential Center or a cute brunch place on Newbury Street, there are a lot more options in close proximity to Danielsen.

3. It’s close to all the city shopping!

Danielsen is also really close to all the shopping centers and fancy restaurants. Once again, it is about a 5-minute walk to Newbury Street and about a 10-minute walk from the Prudential Center and it’s easy to get to all the other parts of town. This is a very dangerous thing if you’re a shopaholic like me.

4. You can make your own food!

If you’re tired of the boring and unhealthy dining hall food, there is a huge kitchen in the basement that I definitely recommend taking advantage of. There are several large refrigerators and freezers where you can store all your food and plenty of stove tops and ovens to make your favorite home-cooked meals if you’re tired of eating in the dining hall.

5. The views are incredible!

Whether it’s a view of beautiful brownstones or the Charles River, each side has breathtaking views that make me feel so honored to live in a beautiful place like Boston. In addition, Danielsen is nestled in between the amazing brownstones and is close to historical landmarks.

6. The walk isn’t as bad as people make it out to be.

I don’t mind some exercising. I feel that since Boston University is a large campus and it’s so spread out that you’re going to have to walk no matter where you live on campus. Plus, the BU shuttle picks students right outside of Danielsen, so if you make that on time your walking is minimal.

Hopefully, this article will bring new light into Danielsen Hall. There are so many advantages to living here and I really think people should have a new perspective on it. It may not be as big or as beautiful as StuVi, but it’s beautiful in its own way.

Cover photo by Craig Tateronis

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sophia loves everything bagels with cream cheese
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.