The Perfect Playlist for a Spring Picnic in the Park

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As the dregs of winter slip back into the earth, it’s finally time to start embracing the spring weather that we’ve all been patiently waiting for. There’s no better mood-lifter than spotting a tree full of pretty white blossoms while walking down Commonwealth Avenue. With the brighter days ahead, it’s about time to break out the picnic blankets and hit the Commons. You’re going to need a soundtrack full of sweet tunes to set the mood for your sun-basking, but don’t worry, it’s been covered.

Shower yourself in the warm glow of Rex Orange County’s sunny melody on “Sunflower,” or get up and dance to something even jazzier like Vulfpeck’s “Back Pocket.” Since you’re up on your bare feet wearing that new Reformation sundress you splurged on a few months ago (the blue floral-print one with the skirt that flows so perfectly), you might as well embrace your inner bohemian flower child as you dance along to “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison.

Credit: dear friend

Doze off to “Saw You in A Dream” by The Japanese House while the warmth of the sunbeams wraps around you like a blanket. Hopefully, you brought along some sweet beverages so that you can play “Lemonade” by Iris Temple and complete the ultimate spring picnic scene.

By this point, I expect you’ve already packed your wicker basket full of delicious charcuterie foods and you’ve grabbed a pair of your cutest sunglasses, so what are you waiting for? Go outside and breathe in the fresh spring air while the sweet songs of this playlist remind you how good it feels to be out in nature again!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Emma is a senior at BU studying Journalism and Gender and Women's Studies in the College of Communications. She's originally from sunny Los Angeles, California. She is an avid fan of local bakeries and making oddly specific Spotify playlists.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.