This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Have you ever gone to class one day only to see that you and two other girls are wearing the same shirt? Suddenly, that top’s not so cute anymore—we’ve all been there.

It can be tiring to shop at the same big chain stores as everyone else. While everyone has and loves his or her favorite branches like Urban Outfitters, H&M, and Brandy Melville, shopping at places like these all the time can sometimes strip people of their sense of style originality, and that’s not a great feeling to have.

It’s no secret that some of the most effective marketing strategies for up-and-coming stores these days take place through social media. It’s amazing how a scroll through your Instagram feed can help you find ten new stores you’re crazy about within ten minutes. If you’re into the new trend of online shopping from small outbreak stores but don’t know where to begin, here are some boutiques to get you started.

Tobi

Tobi is an online shop that features a lot of minimalist style clothing with a dainty yet flirty style. It’s perhaps one of the most well known online shops, but is still gaining more fans and customers everyday. The best thing about Tobi is its sales—it offers 50% off your first purchase when you sign up, and has storewide half-off sales all the time. If you’re on a budget but want to dress without looking like it, Tobi is the online destination for you.

Princess Polly Boutique

Princess Polly Boutique is an Australia-based clothing store that has styles ranging from sophisticated business clothes to delicate, lace ensembles to edgy leather jackets to wear when the world can’t handle how badass you are. Princess Polly’s rates are fairly manageable despite the overseas shipping, and there’s a lot to appreciate on their adorable yet hilarious Insta-page, @princesspollyboutique.

For Love and Lemons

For Love and Lemons has recently been promoted by a lot of the ladies from The Bachelor, who rocked the store’s high-end clothes like no one has ever seen before. The shop is based in Los Angeles and primarily features sultry, bohemian ensembles. There’s a lot of lace to love with this shop. Disclaimer: For Love and Lemons is super cute, but the price reflects that accurately. Be careful not to empty out your wallet for them!

Garage

Think of Garage as Tobi meets Forever 21, plus a little bit of hippie summer musical festival tossed in. It sounds like a lot to handle, but it’s all for the best. Garage is a great shop for just about anything, because it has such a wide range of clothing. The clothes take mainstream, trendy styles and turn them into something more than that, so you’ll look fabulous and stand out in all the right ways, wherever you go. You also get 15% off your first order when you sign up!

Meraki Moon

Meraki Moon is an amazing shop with a vibe similar to For Love and Lemons (it markets a lot of the shop’s clothing), but with a western-meets-bohemian twist. Who knew it could be done so perfectly? If you’re a flower lover, Meraki Moon is perfect for you, because it has plenty of floral prints and delicate clothes to choose from. Its prices are a bit steeper than those of other shops, but it’s still easy to find something affordable no matter what style suits you best. Bonus tip: Unlike most chic fashion stores based in places like California or Australia where the weather’s never overly cold, Meraki Moon has an adorable collection of sweaters and outerwear that will have you dying for those clothes to cuddle up in.

Ritual

Ritual Boutique can’t be praised enough for its awesome style. It is a shop that seems to be better suited for warmer climates, but that’s not something to complain about. Ritual should be especially noted for its classy yet youthful collection of rompers and two-piece sets that balance flow-y freedom with sophisticated style. It’s also fairly average in price range, so there’s no way to go wrong with Ritual.

Dixi

If you’re looking for a new jewelry shop, Dixi is known for its wide range of “Bohemian Treasures.” If you follow Dixi on Instagram, the store offers an option to shop its Instagram feed online. Gold and silver rings have lots of sparkling gems, and all the jewelry can really only be described as little pieces of found treasure. Lay it all on for a glimmering, edgy, bohemian look!

Littlest Gem

Littlest Gem is an Etsy jewelry shop run by a stay-at-home mother in Canada. All of her items are handmade and simply too beautiful to turn down. While the shop may not be as well-known as some other jewelry stores, it’s grown a lot in size and deserves more recognition for the stunningly beautiful creations it shares. Intricate twists of sterling silver paired with the prettiest of gems will have you looking elegant and fashionably fun everyday you wear them.

Sabo Skirt

Sabo Skirt is another Australia-based boutique with fairly affordable prices, and it’s hard not to buy all its clothes once you find out about it. Sabo Skirt can be commended for its summery, free-flowing, delicate ensembles that keep you looking youthful yet sophisticated. Its outfits are perfect for a summer date night, so even if we’re not sure we’ll be having those fun summer dates as of right now, it’s always a good idea to be prepared…right?

Lux

Lux is another fun, bohemian brand that offers 15% off your first order when you sign up. The patterns on Lux’s clothes are reminiscent of psychedelic, floral patterns, but it’s done in the cutest way. Its clothing is also very affordable, and if at first you don’t love what you see—keep scrolling. Lux won’t let you down.

If you’re gearing up for that late-spring, early-summer shopping spree where all you want to do is get your hands on some new, original fashion, then these shops are all you need. There’s a lot of variety to choose from, and, of course, you feel good when you look good—so plan on having no bad days for a while. Before you know it, you’ll be the girl everybody’s asking, “I love your outfit! Where’d you get it?!”…And let’s be real—that’s not a bad person to be.

Freshman at Boston University interested in fashion and lifestyle journalism. Main interests include anything related to dogs, flowers, music, and burritos (keeping my priorities in check, clearly). Hoping to use my position at Her Campus to inspire some college creativity and laughter, wherever they might be needed.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.