Lindsay Thompson-Music Festival Miami Ultra Lights Stage Concert Balloons Music Edm
Lindsay Thompson / Her Campus

A One Direction Song for Every Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With five albums and over 86 released songs, One Direction has a variety of music for a variety of occasions. Let this list help you choose what tunes to listen to no matter what mood you’re in!

Happy: “Change Your Ticket”

Off of One Direction’s fourth album, Four, “Change Your Ticket” is a very upbeat tune with peppy lyrics to keep you in a great mood all day! This is not one of the band’s most popular songs, but it is a great one nonetheless!

Confident: “Drag Me Down”

Keep feeling those confident vibes, and don’t let anyone drag you down! The quick and changing rhythms in this song make it an exciting, upbeat jam.

Sad: “Moments”

From One Direction’s first album, this slow beat is heartbreaking. If you’re sad or upset, just know that One Direction is right there with you. They know what you’re going through.

Excited: “Happily”

“Happily” is on Midnight Memories, and is one of the more upbeat tunes on that album. The quick, repetitive beat of this song is sure to keep your spirits high!

Angry: “Rock Me”

The harsh beats throughout this song and the harsher tone of their voices makes this song the perfect one for when you’re feeling angry or tense. One Direction was known for their sweet pop songs, but this one stands out as having an edgier vibe than their earlier music.

Lonely: “Walking in the Wind”

This song, from One Direction’s fifth album, Made in the A.M., is perfect for when you’re feeling down or alone. Its upbeat vibe and uplifting lyrics are here to remind you that however lonely you are feeling, One Direction will “be by your side, anytime you’re needing” them!

Insecure: “Little Things”

A slow, classic tune. “Little Things” is sure to make you feel special. In the sappy lyrics, the boys sing that despite things you may not love about yourself, “you’re perfect to me.” This song will instantly remind you that no matter what, One Direction loves you and everything that you are.

Nostalgic: “Summer Love”

This jam, regardless of whether or not you have had a sweet summer romance like one the boys sing about, will take you back to summertime. It will take you back to those chill, happy days filled with love and laughter. The mood of the song is reflected in the slower melody and bittersweet lyrics.

Peaceful: “Over Again”

Despite this song’s sad lyrics, the melody and beat are quite peaceful. This song is perfect for a quiet night or early morning drive.

No matter what mood you’re in, One Direction is always there for you.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook​, follow us on I​nstagram,​ check out our ​Pinterest​ board, and read our latest Tweets​!

Jenny is a sophmore at Boston University. She is studying psychology with a minor in special education. She is from Massachusetts, and loves all things MA! Her hobbies include listening to music, watching hockey games, and drinking coffee!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.