Newbury’s Most Noteworthy Restaurants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It is no surprise that Newbury Street has become one of my favorite destinations to escape the campus bubble, do some retail therapy, take a fun stroll, and, of course, take a break from daily dining hall visits.

“Girl dinner” on Newbury Street is already becoming a biweekly tradition. Though lots of shops and restaurants are more upscale and pricy, Newbury Street actually offers many spots that are perfect for more casual, last-minute meals. 

If you’re looking for an Instagram-able sit-down spot, consider checking out Sonsie or Eva.

Sonsie is an elevated American bistro with a nod towards French bistro design. The menu has options for everyone, including fantastic pizzas, burgers, breakfast fare and more.

Eva advertises Mediterranean fusion, one popular and tasty menu item being the falafel burger. They also offer plates of pasta, salads, tacos, and seafood for those looking for other options.

Both restaurants boast cute outdoor patio seating for when the weather is nice, and the interiors contain a fun and lively atmosphere. The quick service is an even better bonus. I would recommend getting a reservation, especially if you are planning on a weekend night, but Sonsie was able to seat my party of four for brunch on Saturday without notice.

If a more casual stop sounds better to you, look no further than Dirty Water Dough Pizza or Crazy Good Kitchen.

Despite the unappetizing name, a reference to the song “Dirty Water” by the rock band The Standells, this pizza is top-notch and well-priced. While there is not much seating, the slices are easy to take to-go.

Anna Schultz-Chocolate Milkshake And Hand With Rings
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

Crazy Good Kitchen lives up to its name, serving up delicious burgers, fries, and shakes. If Shake Shack feels a little bland and boring, check out this small gem in a Newbury basement location. The fare is arguably over-priced, but most of the restaurants renting space on Newbury are.

While the classic burger and fries were excellent, it was the Nutella shake that skyrocketed my rating. I consider my life changed after this milkshake. I’d recommend changing your life too. 

If the Nutella shake just doesn’t sound like your type of treat, there is an abundance of other dessert options.

The Levain Bakery classic chocolate chip cookies are a perfect treat and are so big that they are definitely shareable. However, the bakery doesn’t only offer cookies. It also features scones, pastries, cakes, breads and coffees.

Take a break from the dining hall and take a quick trip to Newbury Street!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

Kate Rekas is a freshman on the writing team at the Her Campus Boston University Chapter. She was a writer and editor on her high school's newspaper "The Spectrum." She also is a member of the multimedia team on "The Daily Free Press," Boston University's independent and student run newspaper. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Kate is a member of the Boston University Figure Skating Team, and is still exploring different majors to pursue. When not studying or skating, Kate is exploring the city of Boston, and seeking out as many sunset watching opportunities as possible!