The New Tommy x Gigi Collection is Perfect for Fall College Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Tommy Hilfiger’s collaboration with Gigi Hadid has been full of looks since the first season. The third collection, which debuted in this round of fashion weeks, is no exception. This season mixed the well-known Tommy Hilfiger prep style with a bit of grunge in every look, featuring ripped jeans, leather pants, and lots of plaid. This collection makes great fashion inspo for the coming fall weather.

Here are some of the hits:

Oversized Sweatshirts as Dresses

It’s great to know that the oversized sweatshirt dresses are still a trend. They’re perfect for days when you’re running late in the morning but still want to look like you have some semblance of fashion knowledge.

Shaggy Sweaters

Sweaters with an interesting texture, like the shaggy one featured in the collection, help add depth to an otherwise simple outfit.

Layered Crop Tops

If you get bored wearing the crop top and high-waisted jeans uniform, layer different tops to create interest. This is also a good tactic when dressing for colder weather.

High-Waisted Leather Shorts

This outfit would be great for going out. The leather shorts and crop top keep it a night look while the flannel and knee socks help add warmth for when you’re waiting in lines. Layer tights under the knee socks if your weather gets extra cold.

Huge Sweaters

Similar to the oversized sweatshirts, throwing on a long sweater over a dress is a comfy yet stylish look for spending the day in classes or the library.

Statement Jackets

Elevate a simple outfit, like this sweater and jeans combo, with a statement jacket. You’ll need one anyway, so why not take style and warmth into account?

I know what I’ll be shopping for in preparation for fall — keep an eye out for the TommyxGigi look on campus!  

Photos courtesy of Who What Wear

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.