Boston’s Most Instagrammable Locations For You To Explore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

On the whole, Boston is a very “Instagrammable” city. From the idyllic brownstones to the more historical parts, there is always an opportunity to get a good flick worthy to post. Beyond the most iconic places to Instagram, such as Fenway Park or the Freedom Trail, there are also many lesser known places that are just as Insta-worthy. Below are some of my personal favorites. 

1. Boston Public Library

Photo Credit: @leanna.rachelPhoto Credit: @yusrawahab

You may have seen many pictures like this one of Bates Hall, but all of BPL is just as beautiful. Be sure to check out the courtyard, which is full of statues and beautiful architecture.

2. Boston University Bridge

Photo Credit: @leanna.rachel​

Yes, even right on campus we have some gems. The BU bridge has an amazing view of the river. From here, you can see almost all of East Campus, with the Citgo sign peeking through on the right and BU’s DeWolfe boathouse on left. The bridge is famously known for being the only place you can see a boat pass under a plane, car, and train. (Although it might be a while before you actually see this happen!)

3. Prudential Center, Skywalk Observatory

Photo Credit: @leanna.rachel

Fifty-two floors up, this may be the best view of the entire city you can get.

4. Paramount Center

Photo Credit: @peterscreekphotography

This is a theater on Washington Street. Wait until night, and the outside of the theater lights up the sky, perfect for a unique picture, almost resembling Broadway in New York City.

5. Quincy Market

Photo Credit: @eddiegrobinson​

One of the three historic market buildings that comprise Faneuil Hall.

6. Boston Common, Frog Pond, Boston Public Garden

Photo Credit: @habiibs

This urban park, once a place where British troops stayed during the American Revolution, now consists of a beautiful public garden, a pond where people can ice skate during the winter, and many more lovely sights.

7. Museum of Fine Arts

Photo Credit: @jojo.park​

One of the many museums in Boston consisting of beautiful art. Bonus: BU students get in for free!

These seven places are only a few of the many hidden gems to photograph in the city. Go out, explore, and see what more you can find!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Leanna, originally from New York City, is a student at Boston University.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.