Navigating the Boston Concert Scene

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Boston is a city full of art, culture and media. One of the many amazing aspects of the city is the plethora of music outlets it offers. Here is a rundown of some of Boston’s coolest and most unique venues.  

The Middle East

Location: 472 Massachusetts Ave. Cambridge,  MA 

The vibe: The Middle East boasts not one, but two concert venues right near Kendall Square in Cambridge. The “upstairs” is smaller, with a capacity of roughly 200, and the “downstairs” room holds closer to 600 people. Both feature a variety of acts from indie-rock to rap and everything in between. 

Upcoming shows: Res – December 19th, Sports – January 4th, Alex G – April 12th  

Great Scott

Location: 1222 Commonwealth Ave. Allston, MA 

The vibe: The Great Scott is one of the most intimate venues in the Boston area. The small stage area and bar inside are perfect for more underground acts. Plus, it’s located right off the Harvard Ave. T stop, so it’s very accessible from BU’s campus. 

Upcoming shows: Circa Waves – December 15th, Emily Wells – February 4th, Grizfolk – February 9th 

TD Garden

Location: 100 Legends Way Boston, MA 

The vibe: TD Garden is one of Boston’s largest venues for sports, concerts and a variety of other shows. The venue provides a space for neat set ups and light shows, so it’s definitely the place to see a well-known act perform. 

Upcoming shows: Muse – January 25th, Rihanna – April 10th, Justin Bieber – May 10th 

The Sinclair

Location: 52 Church St. Cambridge, MA 

The vibe: Located right in Harvard Square, the Sinclair offers an intimate environment without being too small. It’s also located near plenty of shops and restaurants, so you can turn your concert adventure into a day trip.  

Upcoming shows: Wet – February 1st, Hey Marseilles – February 5th, Alison Wonderland – February 11th 

House of Blues

Location: 15 Lansdowne St. Boston, MA 

The vibe: The House of Blues is right next to Fenway Park, and its central location allows it to feature an eclectic mix of acts. The venue typically has a GA floor but also offers seated options and higher level seating. Plus, with the “U” shape of the upper levels, there’s a good view no matter where you’re standing. 

Upcoming shows: The Roots – January 2nd, Ratatat – January 13th, Beach House – March 11th

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.