This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

TikTok has become the newest social media craze. The app features short videos and has over 500,000,000 users worldwide. I am one of those 500,000,000. I downloaded the app as a joke, similarly to many other TikTok users; however, I quickly became addicted to the app. On TikTok, users create dances to various songs or just have songs in the background of their videos. In fact, many songs have become extremely popular because of TikTok. Several months ago, I created a playlist with just popular TikTok songs. I have over 100 songs on the playlist. These are my top 10 favorite popular TikTok songs.

“Say So” – Doja Cat

This is by far my favorite TikTok song. Honestly, all of Doja Cat’s songs are fantastic. This track was originally released in November 2019 and peaked at #7 on the Billboard Hot 100 in April 2020.

“Roxanne” – Arizona Zervas

“Roxanne” is another classic TikTok song that gained popularity after becoming viral on the app. This is an Arizona Zervas single released in October 2019.

“The Box” – Roddy Ricch

I feel extremely basic for putting this on the list; however, this is a great and popular TikTok song. The track was originally released in December 2019, but became extremely popular in early 2020. In fact, a couple of other Roddy Ricch songs have become popular on TikTok as well.

“No Idea” – Don Toliver 

This is another one of the most popular TikTok songs and dances. Like many of the other songs on this list, this track was released in mid-2019, but gained popularity after becoming a viral TikTok sensation in late 2019.

“Falling” – Trevor Daniel 

This is one of the popular TikTok songs that I actually listen to often. This track was written by KC Supreme, Taz Taylor, Charlie Handsome, and Trevor Daniel. It was originally released in October 2018, but went viral in late 2019 and early 2020.

“Supalonely” – BENEE 

This has become one of the most popular songs on TikTok and has a viral dance choreographed to it. It was released in November 2019 and is on the EP Stella & Steve. This song and dance are extremely addicting.

“Walk Man” – TMG

I had to include this gem, but apologies to Cody and Noel for including this in a TikTok song list. This track is technically by the group TMG and was released in June 2019. If you have never watched one of their YouTube videos, I would highly suggest checking them out. 

“Taking a Walk” – Trippie Redd

This is the second Trippie Redd song on this list. Again, this is just another TikTok song that I always get stuck in my head. This track was released in August 2018 on his album LIFE’S A TRIP. It was written by Avedon, Scott Storch, and Trippie Redd.

“Topanga” – Trippie Redd

There are two Trippie Redd songs on this list because they always get stuck in my head. This track was produced by ChopsquadDJ and written by Anthony Brown, ChopsquadDJ, and Trippie Redd. It was released in October 2018 on his album titled A Love Letter to You 3

“FML” – Arizona Zervas

This song barely makes it on the list. However, it is extremely catchy, like many of the songs on this list. This track was written by Ethan Walker and Arizona Zervas and was released in June 2018. 

Do you use TikTok? If so, what is your favorite TikTok song? 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Grace is a sophomore at Boston University. She is studying Public Relations with a minor in Anthropology. Grace is originally from Raleigh, North Carolina.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.