This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As the air gets even colder and we head towards winter, it’s time to soak up the last month of that cozy autumn feeling. This past week, I’ve kept track of what songs feel particularly fitting for this time of year and compiled a list of five favorites. 

“While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Live from Madison Square Garden)” by George Harrison

While most of you have already heard this song by The Beatles in its original form, I think this particular version deserves some attention. This live rendition by George Harrison is insane. His guitar is the main force, but it is perfectly paired with his vocal inflections.

Girl Holding Vinyl Record
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
“November Rain” by Guns n’ Roses

So far, I’ve been playing this song on repeat. Aside from the obvious connection to the month in the song title, this rock ballad is incredibly emotional and catchy. With an amazing guitar solo and Axl Rose’s voice, this song will not disappoint. 

“cowboy like me” by Taylor Swift

As much as I’ve been listening to Taylor Swift’s 1989 vault tracks, I can’t help but listen to “cowboy like me” this month. The folky piano and guitar chords, used on most songs from evermore perfectly encapsulate the fall feeling.

This song particularly speaks to me with its gentle melody. My favorite lyric is, “Now you hang from my lips, like the Gardens of Babylon.”

“Tangled up in Blue” by Bob Dylan

This song takes you through a story about the complexity of love and timing. Similar to many of Bob Dylan’s songs, this story involves many mysteries and inconsistencies that are open to the audience’s interpretation. Nonetheless, the melody is particularly catchy. 

“I shall Be Released” by Joe Cocker

Though Bob Dylan originally wrote this, this version is a bit smoother to listen to at first. Cocker does a great job of making the lyrics feel emotional. He also performed this live at Woodstock in 1969.

I would also recommend listening to Bob Dylan’s version and the rendition by The Band

Give these songs a listen and find yourself more in touch with November!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

Laura Tickey is a writer and editor at the Her Campus at Boston University Chapter. She is a junior at Boston University majoring in journalism and minoring in history. She loves to write stories about music, films, and events in the Boston area. Many of her articles also feature life and style advice.