This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Finding makeup products that are both practical and effective is the ultimate challenge. Walking into stores like Sephora and Ulta, and even the drugstore for that matter, can be truly overwhelming. With a sea of products, it is so hard to pinpoint what is worth experimenting with. Over the years, I have found some great products through word-of-mouth recommendation—but most of my favorites are things I have stumbled upon in the store and given a try. 

Here are a few products I can’t stop r-buying. 

NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder

This bronzer has been my favorite for years. It gives you the perfect sun-kissed glow without making you look orange. I like that you can build on it and determine how bronzed you want to be— one swipe for an everyday look gives you the perfect glow, while a little more can be added for an evening look. 

NYX Slim Eye Pencil

A simple black eyeliner pencil that doesn’t fade is a necessity in every girl’s makeup collection. This eye pencil is so versatile and easy to use, perfect for everyday use. I use this across the tight line for an extra pop in the eyes. I like to replace my eyeliners often and this one is inexpensive enough to do so. 

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Powder

This summer, I discovered this powder when I was on the search for a long-wear, non- cakey powder. It leaves a flawless finish, prevents shine, and preserves your makeup all day long. I was never a powder girl because I felt that it made my makeup look heavy, but this product leaves the most natural finishing touch on your makeup. Plus, the packaging is pretty…

Revlon Mega Multiplier Mascara

For a drugstore product, this Revlon mascara promises and delivers mega lashes. I’ve always been a fan of Revlon mascara but this particular one gives great volume and length. It has a thinner, angled wand and leaves the perfect cat-eye shaped lashes. Plus, it’s inexpensive which makes replacing it often less of a hassle. 

Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil

This brow pencil is my all-time favorite. It not only has a great angled pencil but also has a variety of realistic shades. This makes it so easy to apply and the attached spoolie brush helps blend the product. 

IT Cosmetics CC Cream

I have been using this CC cream as a foundation-like product for such a long time. It blends and color corrects with your skin and leaves you with a glowy finish. The product also has SPF 50 making it a great product for summertime wear. 

Stumbling upon these makeup products transformed my beauty routine! They work well with my skin and are adaptable to any kind of makeup look you want to achieve.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.