Style

My First Experience Going to Her Campus’ College Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Earlier this weekend, Her Campus held its sixth annual College Fashion Week in Boston at the Revere Hotel in Boston Common. Promoting the hashtag #therealrunway, the event was made for college women, aiming to be inclusive as possible of women of different sizes, body types, and ethnicities because no one woman looks the same. College Fashion Week is also held in New York at the BKLYN Studios at City Point on October 5th. Thanks to HCBU, I got to attend CFW Boston for FREE!

This year’s fashion show is sponsored by Primark. Past years have included brands like Popsugar and Ulta Beauty. Upon entering the hotel, they gave every guest a bag full of goodies and a Primark gift card.

The freebies weren’t just samples, they included full-size products of Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Mary Kay Oil-free Makeup Remover, Honest Beauty Vitamin C Radiance Serum, and Nair Leg Clay Mask!

I was totally impressed by the hair products, not only did they have the Curl Enhancing Smoothie but they also had Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Leave-in Treatment, which are perfect options to natural hair and curly-haired girls!

There were plenty of places to take selfies and group photos too. My favorite one was the Venmo 360 Social Booth, where you can take gifs, and pictures with your friends all with confetti blowing in the air.

As far for the actual show, I was happy to support some of my HCBU sisters that were modeling! Looks from 90s grunge to sophisticated monochromatics were featured.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Niya Doyle is a sophomore at Boston University studying Public Relations and minoring in International Relations. Her hobbies include advocating for civic engagement among young people, writing poetry, and waiting for the new Animal Crossing game to come out.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.