free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

My Favorite Career Podcast: Skimm’d from the Couch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Skimm’d from the Couch is exactly what it says it is: career advice from women who have lived it. Every week, the Skimm’s co-founders, Carly Zakin and Danielle Weisberg, sit on the very couch they started their company from and talk careers. They invite powerful and driven female leaders from every industry to discuss the paths they took to get where they are now. 

The podcast is honest and provides real advice from female leaders you may admire, including Katie Couric, Bobbi Brown, Eileen Fisher, Poppy Harlow, Rebecca Minkoff, Samantha Barry, Martha Stewart, Arianna Huffington, and Leandra Medine. From CEOs to renowned journalists and powerful fashion designers, Skimm’d from the Couch invites women from every career background to talk about their path thus far.  

Photo Credit: O Magazine 

After hosts Carly and Danielle introduce their guest, they often have them start by “skimming their resume.” It’s one of my favorite parts of the podcast because you get to hear how that woman got to where she is. The milestones in her career path, like her first job out of college, make for compelling stories—especially for us ladies just starting out. 

In addition to talking about how they started out and how they ended up where they are today, the hosts don’t leave out the nitty-gritty questions. For example, when they may have failed and what challenges they faced. 

I love when the podcast guests talk about the advice they’ve received throughout their career. It’s so interesting to hear what advice they were given and now, what advice they’d give to others. 

If you’ve been on the lookout for an inspirational and career-oriented podcast, Skimm’d from the Couch is worth the listen. Get ready to be inspired ladies! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.