This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Target: it’s the place where we go to buy cleaning supplies and toilet paper, but we end up leaving with more than we anticipated. Every time I go, I make sure to stock up on these beauty products that are effective, easy, and don’t break the bank (which is incredibly important when you’re on that college student budget). These are some of my favorite everyday products that feel luxurious, but are easy to attain at Target prices.

Neutrogena Makeup Removing Cleansing Towelettes (Refill Value Pack) $9.29

When you’re in a sitch and need to get makeup off quickly after a long night, or you simply want a good first step in your evening skincare routine, these makeup wipes are the way to go. I’ve been using them since middle school and they are great because they don’t tug at your skin and they’re perfect for all skin types! 

Pixi by Petra Eyebrow Enhancer in Light Clear $10.00

I’m a huge fan of the Pixi by Petra brand in general. It’s affordable, every single product is fantastic quality, and it’s all made with ingredients that are good for your skin. In terms of drugstore/Target beauty buys, it’s a little more expensive. But if you’re looking for some luxury, this is the way to go. This clear brow gel is my favorite product from the line. It sets my brows into place, but my brows never feel crispy or glued to my face. 

Dove Invisible Dry Spray Antiperspirant Deodorant in Sheer Fresh $5.49

For the longest time, I struggled with finding a deodorant that was sheer, lasted for a long time, and didn’t stain my clothes. Nothing is more annoying than when you put on a sleeveless dress or top and your deodorant gets all over it. I am never willing to compromise any of those qualities in a deodorant. This deodorant from Dove is a dry spray that smells fresh and clean. It also is meant to show no white marks on 100 different colors. I’ve been using this deodorant for a few months now and I haven’t had any issues with scent or stains. I highly, highly recommend this one. 

Kristin Ess The One Signature Shampoo and Conditioner $10.00

My hair is super finicky so sometimes I find it hard to find a shampoo and conditioner that makes my hair look it’s best. Leave it up to Target, the master of collaborations, to partner up with celebrity hairstylist Kristin Ess to create an affordable, luxury haircare line. Ess is in charge of the beautiful locks of Lauren Conrad and Lucy Hale. I just bought her “The One” shampoo and conditioner for a total of $20. And this is an incredible deal, especially if you are familiar with Sephora haircare prices. These products smell SO good —super clean, with a little floral. This shampoo and the conditioner are good for all hair types and are sulfate free.

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 $13.49

Sunscreen is the most important part of your skincare routine and because my skin is fair, I make sure to apply sunscreen every day. I love this one from CeraVe because it’s really light, not greasy, and doesn’t leave a white cast.

Wet Brush Shine $9.99

Wet Brush has a cult following because the brushes are just so freakin’ good! I have one that I use only when my hair is wet and I’m detangling it, but throughout the week I use this Wet Brush Shine. The brush is a great dupe for some of the expensive boar bristle brushes on the market and just like the name suggests, it makes your hair really shiny. I highly recommend using this after you’ve used dry shampoo so that it evenly distributes the product. 

Carmex Original Tube Lip Balm, 3 pack $2.69

During the Boston winters, it’s easy for your lips to get dry and cracked. And sometimes, using lip balm can make your lips feel even worse. For me, Carmex is the only thing that works effectively all year and it’s so inexpensive that it’s easy to keep one in your backpack, on your desk, and in your coat pocket!

Aveeno Positively Nourishing Calming Body Wash $5.99 for 16 fl oz.

My skin is dry and super sensitive, so Aveeno products are nourishing and gentle on my skin. I love the calming aspect of this body wash. It contains a scent of lavender mixed with chamomile and ylang-ylang, which is perfect for stress relief. Please note: ladies, this is a great product to use after a long day of studying. And $6 dollars for 16 ounces? What a bang for your buck!

I’m so sorry (but not sorry) that I made your Target list a little longer! Hopefully, when you’re aimlessly perusing, you’ll give one of these products a go. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Margo Ghertner is the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Boston University. When the Nashville-native isn't writing and helping the other HCBU teams execute their projects, you can find her listening to business podcasts, baking, reading, and spending time with her friends.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.