This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

This month, the second royal wedding of the year happened. Priyanka Chopra got married to Nick Jonas. Every Indian-American girl is screaming right now because their two worlds have collided and none of us know how to act.

Photo Credit: DNA India

This is because we always knew Priyanka Chopra as our Desi Girl from Dostana, Priya from Krrish, or maybe even Kashibai from Bajirao Mastani for all you diehard Bollywood watchers.

Photo Credit: The Pioneer, Deccan Chronicle, Catch News 

We also always knew Nick Jonas as the cute and sensitive singer from the Jonas Brothers, the star who wrote and sang “Introducing Me” from Camp Rock 2, and the artist who made “Jealous,” which turned out to be a BOP.

Photo Credit: Just Jared, Pinterest, Zimbio

So when you put the two of them together… yeah, it’s safe to say that it was Indian-American girls gone wild. Twitter went crazy, Instagram went crazy, and my world turned upside down in the best way possible.

Here was someone who was intelligent and beautiful, who I had admired since I was a little girl, marrying someone who is STILL my crush. It was both of my worlds coming together and it was so important to me.

But this article isn’t about the greatest wedding ever. It’s about the fact that EVERYONE has bandwagoned on my Childhood Queen, Priyanka Chopra.

Photo Credit: Irish Mirror

The woman was someone I looked up to since I was little and now ALL OF A SUDDEN… everyone is watching Bollywood!

This. Is. Absurd. I remember when all of my non-Indian friends told me how they thought Bollywood movies were “too much” or “unnecessary.” I can see you all now like…

Yes, while Indian movies are a little exuberant, it’s kind of crazy that the whole world is watching those movies now or at least knows about it. It’s all thanks to the wonderful union of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas.

Photo Credit: The Daily Beast

Regardless, Priyanka Chopra was amazing way before Nick Jonas came along. So without further ado, here’s a list of all of the things that make Priyanka Chopra more than just Nick Jonas’ new wife.

1. She’s an investor in new businesses.

Photo Credit: Madhyamam English

That’s right! This actress added a new profession to her already incredibly heavy plate. Priyanka has recently invested in Bumble India and a startup technology company, Holbertson School. The actress and queen herself invested around $8.2 million in funding this San Francisco-based school that strays from traditional schoolwork and focuses on software development. With technology under her belt, Priyanka expanded her portfolio significantly. 

Also previously, she had launched her own production company which is Mumbai-based known as Purple Pebble Pictures. Its purpose is to promote regional filmmakers and new talent. The woman has done it all! 

2. She has been ranked TWICE in the Forbes’ 100 Most Powerful Women.

Photo Credit: Forbes

The woman has made it on the list twice, alongside Supreme Court Justices, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, UK Prime Minister Theresa May, and many more who have had an impact on us. Priyanka’s portfolio includes a variety of activities beyond acting in Indian films and that is what landed her on this list of powerful women.

3. She is successful in both Bollywood and Hollywood.

Photo Credit: Variety

Besides her film debut in American cinemas’ Baywatch, Priyanka Chopra gained a role in the former ABC show Quantico as the lead actress. Forbes notes her as “arguably the most successful Bollywood actor to cross over into Hollywood.” She is considered to be one of the highest-paid actresses in films due to her ability to be in both American and Indian cinemas.

For me, it was amazing to see her on American television because I found someone I identified with and understood. Quantico showed diversity in the industry and it inspired me to realize that it was possible for Indian women to make it in this industry.

4. Priyanka is a powerful female rights activist.

Photo Credit: Professional Women’s Magazine

Along with being a UNICEF Ambassador, Priyanka is a strong supporter of women’s right to be educated. She joined the UN Foundation Girl Up program as a Champion. With her background in philanthropy and passion for equality, Priyanka just started the Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education which provides for the education and medical care for 70 children, of which 50 are girls, according to India Magazine

5. She was Miss World 2000!

Photo Credit: Oddnaari

Long before Nick Jonas came into the picture, Chopra was on her way to success. She was crowned Miss India and then went on to claim the title of Miss World 2000 before her acting career launched. Chopra still maintains grace whenever she mentions her pageant days but is still just as glamorous.

Credit: Hello Magazine

There are so many reasons I love Priyanka Chopra and I could probably write a 10-page essay on her, but here’s the gist of it: Priyanka Chopra succeeded far before Nick Jonas came around! I know a lot of people who became a Priyanka fan over the last couple weeks, so this was just a little summary for you guys. And for all you diehard OGs out there, you already know she’s queen. So, let’s just end this with a little photo of Priyanka and Nick, because that wedding was beautiful!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

I'm Kirthana Iyer, and I go by Kir as well! I am super fascinated by investigative reporting but I also have a soft spot for a simple listicle. At Boston University, I am a Journalism major with a concentration in International Relations. Since high school, I have had a passion for writing whether it be an argumentative essay or an article on the next Senior class event, so I wanted to find a way to do that in college. HerCampus provides me with that outlet. I am able to write about issues that an everyday teen deals with to pieces about our current political climate. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.