My Book Recommendations Based on Your Favorite TV Show

During this quarantine, everyone has been binging so many different TV shows. After months of binging shows, we’ll eventually run out of something to watch. To pass the time, here are some book recommendations based on your favorite tv show.

1. 1. Black Mirror

If you like Black Mirror, you should read Keystone by Katie Delhanty. This book has a similar premise to the social credit score episode of Black Mirror. There are fascinating characters and never-ending twists and turns. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat. 

2. 2. Lucifer

If you like Lucifer, you should read The Collector by Victoria Scott. The protagonist of this book is Dante Walker, a soul collector for Lucifer. He is the ultimate bad boy hero, so if you’re into bad boys, this is the book for you.

3. 3. Teen Wolf

If you like Teen Wolf, you should read Haven by Mary Lindsey. This book is like if the main character of the show was female. Haven is a spin on the classic Beauty and the Beast story, but if the Beauty and the Beast were the same person. It has a great romance and is fast-paced with a lot of action.

4. 4. Gossip Girl

This show is based on a book series, so I definitely recommend checking that out. However, the books and the show are very different. If you’re looking for something closer to the Gossip Girl storyline, you can read The Heiresses by Sara Shepard for rich families and dark secrets or Love Me Never for an enemies-to-lovers, Chuck and Blair style romance. 

5. 5. Criminal Minds

If you like Criminal Minds, you should check out The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes for the detective’s point of view or We Told Six Lies by Victoria Scott for the suspect's point of view. 

6. 6. Supernatural 

If you like Supernatural, you should read the Darker Days series by Jus Accardo. Like Sam and Dean, the main character of the book fights paranormal creatures.

7. 7. Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Office, or Parks and Rec

If you like workplace comedies, you should read Paper or Plastic by Vivi Barnes. It is a great YA contemporary romance. 

8. 8. Friends

If you like Friends, you should read The Hating Game by Sally Horne. It has such a lighthearted feel and it feels like you’re watching a great sitcom. 

All these books are either available on Amazon or you can get ebooks from your local library. Cozy up with one of these great books and get reading!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!