This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The Super Bowl for Spotify users just commenced, and I thought that as a loyal Spotify user, it would only be fair to discuss my Spotify Wrapped.

For those who don’t use Spotify, Wrapped shows you all of your listening data for the year, including your top artist, genre, and songs.

For the last two years, I’ve had the same three top artists: Taylor Swift, Gracie Abrams, and Phoebe Bridgers. I was expecting this year to be the same. Although I try to change up my playlists, I must admit that sometimes I become too predictable. But that all changed this year.

My top three artists for the year, in order, were Taylor Swift, Gracie Abrams, and Noah Kahan, though Phoebe Bridgers and Lizzy McAlpine followed right after. I was pretty surprised that Noah Kahan ended up in my top three, but I guess I should’ve expected it after living the New England dream in Boston.

While my top five artists were kind of shocking, my top five songs were completely expected.

My number one song for this year was also my number one song in 2021, and I managed to listen to it 370 times starting from January 1st. My top five songs for 2023, in order, were “My Tears Richochet” by Taylor Swift; “I Miss You, I’m Sorry,” “I Know It Won’t Work,” and “Where Do We Go Now,” all by Gracie Abrams; and “Bejeweled” by Taylor Swift.

As I’m writing this article, I’m also now realizing I saw all of these songs live in 2023, and all were out-of-body experiences. Even though these songs seem sad, I can genuinely say that it doesn’t reflect how I actually feel and instead I just love the lyricism of these songs.

This year’s Spotify Wrapped truly proved that I am a cheesy pop girlie at heart, and I 100% own it.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

Lara Hibbert is a member of the writing team for the Her Campus at Boston University chapter. She loves to write about life in the city, advice, music, books, entertainment, and pop culture. Outside of Her Campus Boston University, Lara works as a politics writer and anchor for WTBU News, and as a writer and crew member for Good Morning BU. She also DJ's on a show on WTBU called Intermission. She is currently working towards a Bachelors of Sciences as a sophomore at Boston University, majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. In her free time, Lara enjoys going for long walks along the river while listening to her favorite Taylor Swift album, going to concerts, hiking, and swimming. She's also a Jeopardy geek and obsessed with watching reality television with her roommates.