This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Looking for some easy treats to make before Thanksgiving? Look no further since fall isn’t quite over. Many can even be made in a dorm room. Be ready to wow all your friends and family with these foods! 

1. Mashed potatoes 

Credit: Tasty

Don’t know what to bring to Thanksgiving? Friendsgiving? Tasty shows how to make the ultimate mashed potatoes here. Mashed potatoes are the perfect fall foodie favorite: warm and delicious! 

2.  Pumpkin brownie cookies

Credit: Chelsea’s Messy Apron

If you love pumpkin, chocolate or both but don’t have an oven, these four-ingredient cookies are perfect. A delicious treat that is perfect for the current season, these cookies are quick and easy. Get the recipe here.

3. Apple cider cupcakes

Credit: Tasty Kitchen

The thought of making my own apple cider had never even occurred to me before I saw this, but it is sure an interesting idea. There is even a secret ingredient, so check it out here.

4. Apple cider cupcakes

Credit: Oh Sweet Basil

If making your own cider is too intimidating and you still want something with cider, try these cupcakes. They even have cinnamon cream cheese frosting, which gives a twist to the classic apple cider with a cinnamon stick. Find the recipe here

5.  Autumn brittle

Credit: Adventures In Cooking

Need to recover after all those cookies and cupcakes? Here’s something a little healthier. This autumn mix combines staples such as cranberries and pumpkin seeds with almonds and cashews, perfect for an anytime pick-me-up. Try it out here.

6. Microwaveable butternut squash risotto 

Credit: BBC Good Food

Want a fall-themed, main course dinner you can make in your dorm room? Something even a little fancy? Impress your whole floor with this!

7. Sweet potato pie with marshmallow meringue

Credit: Bon Appetit

If you really want to impress everyone this year at Thanksgiving, this is the perfect recipe. It combines classic sweet potatoes with marshmallows and sweet potato pie. I love marshmallows and wish someone would make this for me…Get the recipe here.

8. Five-minute apple crisp, for one

Credit: Pinch of Yum

Need a cozy snack to get you through late night studying? This recipe is quick, easy, and dorm-room adaptable. A perfect treat for the upcoming finals season. Indulge yourself here.

9. Maple pumpkin spice popcorn

Credit: Marla Meridith

Hosting a movie night anytime soon? Keep you and all your friends in the fall spirit with this popcorn. The perfect combination of salty and sweet makes this a must try! 

10. Pumpkin spice cake batter dip

Credit: Butter with a Side of Bread

If you need something to bring to a party, this unique pumpkin spice cake batter dip is just the thing. All you have to do is mix the ingredients in a bowl, so it can be made just about anywhere. Get the recipe here.

Hope you found just what you needed in this list of fall foods! These recipes are easy, adaptable, and great to keep you in the fall spirit for just a little longer. Hungry yet?

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Olivia is a sophomore in the College of Arts and Sciences studying marine science. She loves the ocean and summer more than anything and wants to live somewhere warmer one day even though she's spent her whole life in Massachusetts. She also likes music, night runs, and writing pointless things.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.