Must See Exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts: Mario Testino: In Your Face

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Do you need a break from studying? Do you love photography? Or do you simply love looking at pictures of celebrities? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then I have found the perfect place for you to go- The Museum of Fine Arts to see the special exhibit, Mario Testino: In Your Face.

If you don’t already know, Mario Testino, 57, is a renowned fashion and portrait photographer. Photographing celebrities and models over his three-decade career, Mario Testino regularly contributes to Vogue and Vanity Fair.

This exhibition is his first in the United States and includes images of Kate Moss, Gisele Bündchen, Brad Pitt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger, and Madonna, just to name a few. Mario Testino is able to capture the elegance and beauty of his subjects in his photographs. “In Your Face” is the perfect blending of fashion and art.

The images vary from private party snapshots, to nude fashion shots, to formal portraits. Many of the photographs are larger than life, some are framed and backlit, while others are tacked up on the wall. However, all of his photographs are amazing and provide a unique look into Testino’s world.

The MFA is also featuring more of Testino’s work in the exhibit, Mario Testino: British Royal Portraits. This exhibit focuses on Testino’s photographs of the royal family from the 1970s until today. The British Royal Portraits will be on display until June 16, 2013.

Mario Testino: In Your Face is on display in Gund Gallery of the MFA until February 3, 2013. Don’t let this exhibit pass you by! Consider it your chance to get front-row access into the world of haute couture, glamour, and star-studded brilliance!

Photo from http://www.mfa.org/exhibitions/mario-testino

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."